.359" - .360" bullets ? UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Does anyone know of a bullet manufacturer who makes cast or swaged lead bullets in either .359" or .360"? OR, for that matter, plated or jacketed? Open for suggestions!!!

I have an OM Ruger Blackhawk that has some large chambers.... some larger than .3585".

No biggie, just thought I'd ask.
THANKS,
J.

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Not yet... just found out my cylinder has a couple of 'belled-out' throats and may require .359 - .360.... Still waiting to hear the final dimensions from DougGuy.
J.

TacoFrank

Bearcat
Missouri Bullet Co.
They have one that weighs 145 grains.

TF

Johnnu2

Hunter
Thanks again everyone. It appears that Matt's Bullets and Missouri will produce 'custom' sizes if needed. I'll call them if/when my cyl gets finished and I know the final numbers.
J.

Johnnu2

Hunter
UPDATE.... I bought some .359" lead SWC's from Matt's Bullets (thanks Bigfoot44) and they enhanced the accuracy of my sick OM .357 significantly. I'm going to buy some more and reserve them for that gun with the .3585" throats.
Interesting factoid: had no leading in barrel, VERY minimal sign of leading in the throats, and, first time ever, no dirty cylinder blow-back...the cylinder was very clean after firing 40 rounds (using a light load of IMR-4227).
THANKS AGAIN,
J.

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I just don't shoot enough to get into casting.
I have most of the equipment I need, but it just isn't worth the work for me at this late point in life.... and the minimal rounds I expend in a week...

J.