357 SS Bisley Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a SS Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 5 1/2" barrel in .357, with non fluted Bisley roll marked cylinder, new in the factory box. I had a couple buddy's tell me not to shoot it as its a rare factory gun. Is this something rare? I haven't seen any for sale lately. Thanks for your reply's

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I think that was an Accusport special run. I remember wanting one when they came out. I would call it desirable for sure but maybe not rare. To check the value you would have to check Gunbroker for past auctions of the same gun. :D

roylt

Hunter
It is yours so shoot it if you want. Why did you buy it? To save or to shoot?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Along with the 44 mag of this series, these .357's are the least common. I grabbed a cones #ed pair and just tucked 'em away. If you have all intentions of having it strictly for a potential investment, tuck it away. Otherwise, shoot it.

G2

Hunter
They were the last of the calibers brought out in the series of the "Acusport". 45, 44, 41, 45/45acp then the 357.
I had rounded up 41, 44 &45C thinking I wanted the "set" but when I finally acquired the 357 I was surprised how heavy it was, never shot it and a few years later sold it.
Then the 44's became an hard to find, low # production, item, the prices went crazy and I sold it.
The 41 has been one of my favorite handguns, power to weight ratio, keeper.

I've seen the 44 bring 9-1100.
The 357 will bring a premium, usually in the 750 range. Same w/ the .41.
The 45, 550, the 45/45acp 675.

I have a couple accu sport 45LC/ACP combos, and shoot them regularly, even had an Octagon barrel installed on one. I might just keep the 357 aside for now, as I don't use the caliber much. Thanks for your replys. I have been looking on GB regularly, but haven't seen one go up for sale.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Can't tell you what to do with it, but I will say I have a friend that owns one. It is his only handgun and it shoots better than some rifles. He has been offered quite a bit more than he paid for it and turns it down every time, not because it is collectible but because of the way it shoots.

Dan

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
As I understand it, the original lot of .357 5 1/2" stainless steel Bisleys was 500 or so units ordered by Acusport several years ago. All of these guns had the warning on the side of the barrel. More recently, a few of these were made but had the warning on the bottom of the barrel and I think these were distributed by Williams. All combined, there were not a lot made but Ruger does not give out production numbers. The ones with the warning on the bottom may prove to be more scarce and therefore more valuable to collectors in the future.

Whether you shoot your gun or not you should have no problem selling it in the future if you should decide to.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Correction. All the .357s have the warnings on the botton. I must have been thinking of the .45 Bisley Hunters. In checking just now I see that the .357, 45, .45/.45ACP all have the warning on the bottom. Sure wish I had a .44 to check!

G2

Hunter
bisleyfan41 said:
The first run of the 45s (indeed the first run EVER of any of the 5.5" AcuSports) had the warnings on the side of the barrel. The 44s had it on the side as well.

.41's too, I took mine off :idea: :roll:
rug41ssb1.jpg