.357 Security Six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Looking for some value input on this gun. It's a 1976 NIB Stainless 6" barrel model. Never been fired and has the box it came in and all related paperwork, manual, etc. What say y'all?

hittman

Staff member
One on GunBroker, an older one in the factory RED box, brought $1400.00. That seems to be on the high side.

Others brought anywhere from $650 to $1000.

My first knee jerk reaction to your question was $1000.00 and it seems that's about right …. In todays market. I think we all know the mint or near mint gun alone is at least a $500 item.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
hittman said:
One on GunBroker, an older one in the factory RED box, brought $1400.00. That seems to be on the high side.

Others brought anywhere from $650 to $1000.

My first knee jerk reaction to your question was $1000.00 and it seems that's about right …. In todays market. I think we all know the mint or near mint gun alone is at least a $500 item.

The box is Red and also in factory new condition. $1000 +/- was also my guess, so thanks for confirming. :)

hittman

Staff member
Oh man ….. a red box. Not a real easy find these days and one I don't have.

No much to add but selling prices vary widely across the US. Some regions this would only go for $500-$600 tops, other regions it is a $1000+ gun and other places anything in between. Having the box and papers in factory new condition makes it worth more to a collector, but actually not for someone just wanting a good general use shooter.

Gunny, if you are selling, I'd put it on here and or the ROCS forum first. Be very careful putting it on Gunbroker, read over the sellers info, their fees are quite a bit higher than they use to be and they will collect sales tax.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
RoninPA said:
No much to add but selling prices vary widely across the US. Some regions this would only go for $500-$600 tops, other regions it is a $1000+ gun and other places anything in between. Having the box and papers in factory new condition makes it worth more to a collector, but actually not for someone just wanting a good general use shooter.

Gunny, if you are selling, I'd put it on here and or the ROCS forum first. Be very careful putting it on Gunbroker, read over the sellers info, their fees are quite a bit higher than they use to be and they will collect sales tax.
It's not my gun. I should have mentioned that up front, sorry. It belongs to an acquaintance who is interested in a trade, but not a sale. My interest is if I have something he might want as a fair trade. Hence, my question regarding value. :)

A couple pics:

Inscribed on the left side of the frame is: "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty."

20211203_155933-jpg.287743

20211203_160011-jpg.287744