.357 Maximum - a nice one - first for me...pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
I took in a great gunshow this weekend (Missouri Arms Collector's Show, KC Area). I always enjoy the last couple hours of a good gunshow. This afternoon I managed to being home three (new to me) guns.

One, a 10 1/2" Ruger .357 Maximum. It's as clean as I have ever seen. No box but a beautiful gun.

I had to show off a little...

Here are a few pictures...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
SWEET!! I have one of those,, & love it. I bought boxes years before I found any of the guns..! Now I have to fill the boxes.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
congrats on your find. I'd be might proud of that one too.

~c.r.

Coogs

Maximum
Good for you!!!!! Probably one of the most misunderstood guns Ruger produced! Nice find, great shootin' gun/cartridge combo! Enjoy Coogs.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Now go get yourself some IMR 4227 and a box of 180 gr XTP's and watch how darn accurate that thing is. Mine needed the usually trigger clean up but is a shooter.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Beautiful .357 max, I'm envious amigo! And it's got the "right" barrel too! :wink: Gonna put it to work doing what it was designed for and shoot some silhouette with it?.....Dennis

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Thanks for the kind replies. I've never shot silhouettes (other than indoors with pellet guns) so I expect I'll have the trigger smoothed and then shoot out back...we have 100 yards so I can give my eyes a chance to hit something at 100 yards!!

Bob

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
contender, The over 50 rule is not the only way a gun can be C & R. The Ruger New Model Blackhawk .357 / 9mm in stainless is on the list.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
contender":k307edyf said:
Maxi's are not C&R eligible. They aren't over 50 yrs old.

Of course the "50-yr old" rule is only one way to get listed! Items like "all pre-64 model 70 Winchesters" and "all Colt Woodsman variants (incl Huntsman, Targetsman, Challenger) thru 1977" are listed only because someone took the time to type up a letter to submit them...

Actually I submitted the SRM and all Security- and Speed-Six guns for C&R eligibility about two years ago. Rejected for the reason of "We're not adding any more guns this year" without much more explanation than that.

We need to try again! And again! Afterall, the ATFE works for the Citizenry, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW, NICE IRON!

maxpress

Buckeye
nice find, i had been thinking i might pick one of those up if i can find one.

looks like a rifle with the stock cut off with that barrel.