357 Magnum Maximum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan42nepa

Bearcat
I am just trying to confirm if a single action revolver chambered for .357 maximum can also fire standard .357 and 38 special cartridges. I have the oportunity to obtain a revolver in this cartridge and want to make sure before I buy. Any problems with the cylinders etc due to the shorter cartridge?

Thanks

Dan

edlmann

Blackhawk
Dan42nepa":3ep42eyk said:
I am just trying to confirm if a single action revolver chambered for .357 maximum can also fire standard .357 and 38 special cartridges. I have the oportunity to obtain a revolver in this cartridge and want to make sure before I buy. Any problems with the cylinders etc due to the shorter cartridge?

Anticipate lessened accuracy because of the long jump to the throats.

Also, like any Ruger, I'd check the throats.

Coogs

Maximum
And after that Pm me the barrel length and serial #!!!!!!!! You will enjoy you Max................I should probably know, Coogs. :mrgreen:

Dan42nepa

Bearcat
Actually this isnt for a Ruger, its for a United Sporting Arms Seville. 7 1/2 inch stainless single action revolver. They were a short lived company who supposedly made quality hand guns. This is available at a live auction and am considering it for several reasons, mainly because I like single action revolvers and I like the .357 caliber (I have several). Also because it is collectable although I am buying to keep and shoot. Also I am curious about the .357 Maximum cartridge for possible sillouete shooting. I dont know how the auction will go but am very interested in it.

Dan

flatgate

Hawkeye
Dan42nepa":3k14569q said:
Also I am curious about the .357 Maximum cartridge for possible sillouete shooting.
Dan

Don't use "ball powder". Try 4427 and 180 grain hard cast bullets. They should slam rams and be easy on your barrel.

flatgate

Dan42nepa

Bearcat
Thanks everyone. first i have to get the pistol then try and find the brass....
Anyone have any experience with any of these models?

Dan

Dan, ny maxi is one of my favorites.
I use 180gr. bullets and 2400, 4227. Miway has the brass, r-p and no backorder.
Take a look here for the maxi and reloading and shootng.
www.lasc.us page down the home page and on the right look for Shooting sports Feature article of Glen E. Fryxell Good reading.
Have fun Eric