357 Blackhawk good buy or junk????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Stopped at the local pawn shop today.They have a Ruger 357 blackhawk,6.5 in. blued for about $200 +tax. But being a novice it appears the rear blade sight is broken as it sits at an angle to left & loose.Action seems very easy more so then my single six. Gun shows ware but not bad to me.Stay away or buy? Don't know how long it will last at that price.Thanks.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Thanks Ruger Packer.Hope it will still be there.Local gun show tomorrow, might get to stop before going to show.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
It's probably worth $200 just for the fitted metal pieces alone. Eg, a project gun. That is, if it doesn't shoot perfectly as is. It's hard to kill a BH.

-- Sam

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
The good thing about Ruger is RUGER. If you have a doubt about anything from Ruger just send it in and they will correct it.

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
Do not feel bad I did not know either. When I purchased a used Ruger Super Blackhawk I asked a friend about it and he informed me if something is wrong with it do not sweat it. Just send it into Ruger and they will make it right.

I still feel that is a very good thing. :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, my gosh! If I had 10 Bucks for every time I scurried about wondering whether I should buy or not and lost the gun I'd have 50 more guns in my safe and be twice as broke as I am..........

:D

flatgate

Or, to cut to the chase; snooze? you lose!

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
toyhunt":10ovoxgy said:
Called them to hold.Too late SOLD,I should have Not hesitated.Need to stop doing this to myself.
Yep, what Flatgate said.
I've walked away from many that i had the $$$$ in my pocket but wasn't sure about something and wanted to get home and do a little research first. Lost a number of nice guns that way, and not just Rugers.
I try to put the memory behind me, but sometimes it's difficult. :cry:

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Thanks to all for the replies! I'm sure there will be another.The info from you guys will be helpful next time. My limited funds are going for a Rossi lever 45,like new from my neighbors friend $300.Waiting on them for shipping details.