357/9mm Blackhawk "UGB" ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

edlmann

Blackhawk
Kevin said:
I found a 5 1/2 inch barrel 357/9mm Blackhawk.
1evOFghh.jpg
Think that barrel is 6-1/2", not 5-1/2".

It must just be the angle of the picture. It is 5 1/2 inches.

And I swear, the trigger feels smoother and lighter than my other Blackhawks. I don't know if it was worked on , perhaps it got extra attention at the factory? It did appear "as new" when I bought it.

Amazing how our taste in guns change over the years. As we learn our preferences change, and this forum and its members do have a lot of information and share willingly. The forum get togethers are phenomenal sources of information. Ya Get to shoot guns you are considering buying, or just plain interested in. Good job guys!
gramps

Rclark

Hunter
It is 5 1/2 inches.
Yep. The medium frame flattop .357/9mm was/is offered in 5 1/2". This is one reasons I immediately picked one up when they were introduced. The other reason is the .357 is on the proper sized frame. My search is 'over' now as i have my set of medium frame blued 5 1/2" flattops in .357, .44 Special, and .45 Colt. Add in the 5 1/2" New Vaquero in .45 Colt and the set is complete. All tuned the same. All shoot well.

BTW, historically back in the 50's this was the way it was supposed to go. After the .357 was introduced, the .44 Special, and .45 Colt were expected to follow.... But the .44Mag introduced in 56' changed all that and the .45 Colt and .44 Special on the medium frame was 'shelved'.

Enjoy!