327 rifles from Henry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
In the FWIW department, Lee Precision doesn't do SHOT or the NRA Convention. Apparently, they don't need customer input or want to display their products. While we're waiting until late spring, I'll be stocking up on components. Bob! :)

tinman

Buckeye
Don Lovel said:
two years ago I had a conversation with Henry company owner Anthony Imperato about chambering in 454 Casull for those of us who like shooting heavy 45 Colt ammo. I hope one day I will see that in the all weather model

My Rossi .454 handles this role.... :D ....just could not find one in stainless.... :cry:

DPris

Buckeye
There are companies who conduct business through other avenues beside SHOT.
Henry's just one of 'em. :)
Denis

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The 327Federal Magnum in an eight-pound rifle may seem a bit much for less, but I'd like to handle one and might buy. Sounds like another six months before open sales?
If Henry would move away from their NYC/Bloomberg labor force to a Right-to-Work state, O wonder what we'd see insofar as innovation and workingman's pricing?

Hunter6657

Single-Sixer
I'll be interested in the Big Boy Steel Carbine in 327 to go with my Ruger Single 7 and also to keep my Big Boy Steel 44 and Big Boy Steel Carbine 357 company. I used to have a Marlin 32 Magnum rifle but sold it way back. Just didn't have a use for it as it's too low powered for deer and too much power for small game and also not legal to use for small game as it is rimfires only in Louisiana.
The 327 is a different story since it's as powerful or more powerful than the 30 carbine in the Ruger and the rifle will probably boost the velocity another 400-500fps just like the 357 and 44 magnums do in the rifle vs. the pistol.

rangerbob

Buckeye
In reference to the quote about the NYC labor force on Henry's. Henry now operates out of Bayonne,NJ, having left NYC in the past. The big boy steel rifles and carbines, and the 30-30 and 45-70's are built in their Rice Lake, Wisconsin facility. Having the opportunity to buy rifles over the last 50 years, I can attest to the quality of the 2 Henry's that I have, both built in Wisconsin. Hopefully, on the 327, Henry will use a lighter barrel contour than that found on the other pistol calibers. We'll see. Bob!! :mrgreen:

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Hunter6657 said:
The 327 is a different story since it's as powerful or more powerful than the 30 carbine in the Ruger and the rifle will probably boost the velocity another 400-500fps just like the 357 and 44 magnums do in the rifle vs. the pistol.
Here is what Ballistics By The Inch had to say about the .327 Fed Mag -> http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/327mag.html

The biggest velocity gain comes between 2" and 6" barrel lengths. I would expect a Henry rifle with a typical 20" barrel would result in the AE 100 grain load moving along at 2150 fps or so.

Pretty cool rifle... I will have to have one.

Cordite

mohavesam

Hawkeye
rangerbob said:
In reference to the quote about the NYC labor force on Henry's. Henry now operates out of Bayonne,NJ, having left NYC in the past. The big boy steel rifles and carbines, and the 30-30 and 45-70's are built in their Rice Lake, Wisconsin facility. Having the opportunity to buy rifles over the last 50 years, I can attest to the quality of the 2 Henry's that I have, both built in Wisconsin. Hopefully, on the 327, Henry will use a lighter barrel contour than that found on the other pistol calibers. We'll see. Bob!! :mrgreen:

Well I stand corrected on the Yonkers, NYC move to that enclave of freedom and liberty - New Jersey! :shock: Looks like they started operations in Rice lake in 2014, so I am behind the times on their company. Except for their Ithaca (and Armalite) copy, their rifles are not my cup of tea, but of good quality and highly regarded. 8)

woodsy

Blackhawk
How did I miss this thread? Not only is a Henry not a Ruger, but neither is a rifle a revolver, nowadays! Regardless of the interest the caliber may have.

32magfan

Blackhawk
Woodsy,

I must admit, your point is correct. However, the there is a tradition among those packing REVOLVERS that many of them want a lever action rifle in the same caliber to match up with their wheel gun of choice. This goes back to the 1870's when Colt chambered their SAA for the 44WCF (aka 44-40) to go with Winchester's 1873 rifles. This is where this point comes into the realm of a "Revolvers" section of this forum. We would gladly discuss a Ruger rifle in 327 if they made one. Sadly, they do not. So, we talk about Henry's new offering.

I hope this humble explanation suffices....

32Magfan

rangerbob

Buckeye
Henry finally has the 327's listed on their website with appropriate SKU's. When they will be available is anybody's guess. BTW, I sold a new 4.2" SP101 .327 to one of my deputy buddies this morning. It's a nice package. Bob!! :D

Dranrab

Single-Sixer
A 6.5 pound 16.5 inch Big Boy Carbine will be in my safe some day soon. I am wondering if the 115 grain Speer is deer tough.

cowboy77845

Bearcat
Wouldn't you know it? I recently ordered a 327 conversion from Ranger Point Precision and a month later Henry announces a rifle in 327 at a significantly lower price. I got one of those GP 100s in 327 and added stag inserts to the grips. Really nice looking. Have been carrying it out to the ranch but so far it is unfired. Have been considering getting a few more cartridges as I am 77 and a few hundred more rounds will probably last my lifetime, I think it is a cool cartridge.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just received an e-mail response from Henry President, Mr. Anthony Imperato, who took time to answer an e-mail on Sunday. He reports that the 327's should ship early spring and he thanked me for posting this thread on the Ruger forum so as to get the word out. I've dealt with him before and he'll do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer. My hat's off to him. Bob!! :mrgreen:

z1r

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I just received an e-mail response from Henry President, Mr. Anthony Imperato, who took time to answer an e-mail on Sunday. He reports that the 327's should ship early spring and he thanked me for posting this thread on the Ruger forum so as to get the word out. I've dealt with him before and he'll do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer. My hat's off to him. Bob!! :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'll be getting one for sure. I missed out on the Marlins in .32 H&R, won't make the same mistake twice.

howl

Bearcat
I was all excited until I notice where the cartridges go in. Might get one anyway! Of course if Ruger puts 4" barrels on GP100s in .22 and .44 I might have to get those first!

rangerbob

Buckeye
howl, if I were in a running gun fight, I'd want a 92 Winchester so that I could top off on the go, or better yet an AR-15. The under the barrel loading is no different from loading a tube magazine 22LR, just bigger ammo. I load 12 41 specials in my Henry 41 Magnum rifle, which should be sufficient for hunting, target shooting, or home invasion use. One can do the same with 32 H&R magnums with the new rifle. Bob!! :D