327 Blackhawk???? USFA Sparrowhawk 327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
I see that US Firearms makes a sweet 327 with adjustable sights called a Sparrowhawk. I would love to have one but the $1500.00 price tag counts me out. While I could cough up that much dough I have other less expensive wants higher on my list than that one. I think a blackhawk would satisfy me at a much lower pricetag. I wonder about the inherant accuracy of the 327 compared to the .357??? Any input?

CraigC

Hawkeye
They had the Sparrowhawk on special during the holidays, it was $975. It's a convertible with both .327 and .32-20 cylinders.

2 dogs

Buckeye
Craig, Im certainly glad I didnt know that!

BearStopper, the 327 is just as accurate as the 357 with considerably less recoil. Mine, a Custom by Harton on a Single Six, exits a 118 grain GC at 1550 fps.
327.jpg

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
2 dogs":1tiiiu5r said:
Craig, Im certainly glad I didnt know that!

BearStopper, the 327 is just as accurate as the 357 with considerably less recoil. Mine, a Custom by Harton on a Single Six, exits a 118 grain GC at 1550 fps.

Nice lookig revolver! I also load the 327 and I wonder what powder/load you are using for that velocity. I know some folks, (including me), don't usually give out a 'recipe', but if you care to, I'd like to know. I have had some difficulty getting a load that is consistent, AND fast. Can get one, but not both, it seems. I shoot an SP101, so the shorter barrel would not give me the same velocity that you are getting, but would like to try it anyway.

BTW, if you are interested, I finally got my shipment of PRIMERED 327 FM brass from Freedom Arms. Took a long, long time, (they were short of it, and had to order more she told me), but finally did get it, and the price was pretty good too. (Especially with the primer shortage!)

2 dogs

Buckeye
Shoot, I am using H110 powder and a small pistol magnum primer. Work up using a chrono. Keep in mind that my cylinder may be longer than yours and the more bullet you have in the case the sooner you will see higher pressure.

Have a look here at a Custom Bullet mold we are working on to maximize the amount of space you have in a 32 case....
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66220

gak

Buckeye
I believe the USFA holiday offering was a limited run of their "regular" single action in .32-20/.327 convertible, not the Sparrowhawk, unless I missed something. They advertised one run of their SA (SAA clone) for December and one for later in January. And I want one.

Cholo

Staff member
BearStopper, I've come so close to buying a USFA, but never did. I remember when their very nice SAA case hardened clone was $600 :shock: Love that Sparrowhawk! Kind of a funky looking rear sight though. I never found what the weight was as it makes a difference to me.

Maybe the MSRP isn't what their dealers sell them for.

dougader

Hunter
2 dogs":r2abtbz9 said:
Shoot, I am using H110 powder and a small pistol magnum primer. Work up using a chrono. Keep in mind that my cylinder may be longer than yours and the more bullet you have in the case the sooner you will see higher pressure.

Have a look here at a Custom Bullet mold we are working on to maximize the amount of space you have in a 32 case....
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66220

That's a great bullet design, 2 dogs.

CraigC

Hawkeye
gak":3qbudzkj said:
I believe the USFA holiday offering was a limited run of their "regular" single action in .32-20/.327 convertible, not the Sparrowhawk, unless I missed something. They advertised one run of their SA (SAA clone) for December and one for later in January. And I want one.
You're right, I looked at the postcard wrong. :roll:

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
2 dogs, have they started delivering these molds yet? Also, is it to late to get in on ordering one of these?

I have 3, .32 mags that would be fun to run these through.

RonEgg

Blackhawk
2 dogs, do you not think that there will be plenty of space in the H&R brass for this bullet in the Buckeye?

Latest posts