.32 Single Six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
Are the Single Six Rugers in .32 H & R worth any more if they have the birdshead grips than the one's with the normal style?

tek4260

Buckeye
Looking at recent selling prices here in the Classified Section, I'd say no. Adjustable sight models seem to be worth more that the "Vaquero Style" Single Six.

WARD

Single-Sixer
Last time I looked on gun broker, there were numerous 32's with fixed sights and hardly any with adjustable sights - I believe it's got more to do with the possible wanning interest in cowboy shooting and those guns coming to market. Eventually they will probably even out somewhat as to desireablity and availability - just my 2 cents worth.

Ward

CraigC

Hawkeye
All the last fixed sight .32 Single Sixes went on clearance at Davidson's just a couple years ago. They were going for $269 locally (Orlando) and Dad bought two. It'll be sometime before they're as valuable as the adjustable sighted or Bisley models.

VonFatman

Blackhawk
David,
I agree with everyone who posted before me...BUT...these little guns have a pretty high "cool coefficient" so my guess is there will always be demand and you will be fine as long as you do not go "crazy" when you purchase.

Mine is sure fun to shoot. Be sure to re-load if you intend to shoot these guns as the ammo is not cheap.

Bob

standard.jpg

WARD

Single-Sixer
I agree - they are neat little SA's and they DO shoot like the big guns!

Smaller cast bullets are cheaper, a pound of powder goes a long way.... Makes for a lot of shooting for less $$.

I would like to see Ruger make another run of these guns with adjustable sights or maybe even in the new 327 Federal caliber.

Ward

gak

Buckeye
CraigC":xyzqrh86 said:
All the last fixed sight .32 Single Sixes went on clearance at Davidson's just a couple years ago. They were going for $269 locally (Orlando) and Dad bought two. It'll be sometime before they're as valuable as the adjustable sighted or Bisley models.

That was long ago and far away and a real anomaly. The fixed Vaqueritos are not selling (generally) anywhere near that low now. The adjustable sighted .32s are more money because, like everything else more-scarce, the market supports a higher price. They haven't been made for some 20+ years -- someone else can get more exact on that.

To the OP's original question, I don't think it was between the Vaquerito and adjustable sighted models he was asking about but between the Birdshead Vaquerito and regular grip'd (presumably also Vaquerito) model. I've seen some demand more for the BH, but--on average--they're going for about the same....but I may be wrong. I've had all variants--including brand new in the the start year of '84 (of course adj sight model I let get away) and enjoy them all equally.

Here's a nice used adj sight SS - no telling what it'll actually go for....
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =143878762
I don't even recall a 6". Mine was 5.5" and I know of the 4+, and then I thought jumped to 6.5 etc....Learn something new every day.

kk9z

Bearcat
We are down to 18 pieces left of the R6513. Stainless 4 5/8" Birdshead.

Looking back through our sales history here are the breakdowns of which models we had, sales numbers, and time frame. My database for these only goes back to 2000, so this misses earlier sales.

R6509, 40 units SSM4FI, all in the year 2000
R6510, 25 units, KSSM4FI, all in the year 2000
R6511, 370 units, SSM4FSI, start in 2001, last sales in 2007
R6512, 350 units, KSSM4FSI, start in 2001, last clean up units earlier this year.
R6513, 176 units, KSSMBH4F, start in 2002, last clean up units earlier this year.
R6514, 102 units, SSMBH4F, start in 2002, end in 2006
R6515, 49 units, SSM4FS, start in 2002, end in 2006
R6534, 469 units, KSSMBH4FI, 469 units, start in 2002, most sales in 2006, last couple of pieces earlier this year.

Some of the R6534 were given away to dealers as part of a package deal back in 2006. So these numbers are a bit skewed.

Thanks,
Kent