32 H&R Mag Single Six Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
How is the accuracy of the 32 mag Single Six in general? I see one locally that is very nice although it is a bit spendy at 500.00. It is an adjustable sight model I think with a 5 1/2" barrel.

DGW1949

Hunter
If it's accuracy and fun that you're after, I don't see where you could go wrong.

The Single-6 is an excellent gun.
As for the caliber...it's based on the 32 S&W, which has always been considered to be very accurate. Back in the day, a lot of guys shot competion with it and there was factory .32 wadcutters being sold just for that purpose.

DGW

G2

Hunter
I don't own a 5.5", Why I don't know, I have everthing else.
Ammo & Brass has been hard to find lately.
A 5.5" for $500?, IMO as long as it is is nice condition you will enjoy it a bunch, Very nice guns to shoot. Very Accurate too, all the way from 4.6-9.5 inches. :D
3ruger32s.jpg

gak

Buckeye
+1 If not a steal, it is a fair, at-least-going-rate/ market price,...especially for one of the old adj sight models, which have been long out of production and have commanded higher prices for years. Along with the fixed- sight version, they're not making any of these any more; I would go for it. I have several of the newer "Vaqueritos" and love them and the caliber. They are all accurate, but I started out with a 5.5" of the original style, one of the first out of the chute in 1984--wish I'd never let it go.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Love those drift adjustable Bisley Single Sixes with the fluted cylinder! Unfortunately mine is the rollmarked variation but I love it all the same.
Bisley%20.32%20-%20002.JPG

WARD

Single-Sixer
I have one of the 5.5 inch guns and it is one of my very favorites! It is a real blast to take out shooting. It is big enough to feel like a real SA (non 22) and yet lite enough to shoot all day and not come away with a beat up feeling in the wrist. You can put a whole lot of ammo in your pocket when going for a walk along the creek. I usually shoot cast bullets around 100 grains and they show good effect when shot into the creek bottom or the hillside.

I also have two of the non adjustable sight models and a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber.

Ward