.32 came home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Went to look at a GP at the shop I had a 5 1/2" .32 mag SS on lay-a-way and brought the little bugger home. Great grips for factory and just a little wear on the forward end of the erh. otherwise, pretty much minty. :D

BlkHawk73

Hunter
contender":1qellix4 said:
And how does it shoot?

:lol: Be lucky if I even get it to the range this year. Got a bunch here that are shooters and yet to be shot by me. :oops:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
DSC03665.jpg

WARD

Single-Sixer
Good looking gun - I also have a 5.5" and really enjoy shooting it - what a blast! Sharp grips!

Ward

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73, how many Ruger handguns do you own? I'm just curious, because it seems like you have at least one of every kind ever made. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
StonewallRuger":lmfrp8x3 said:
BlkHawk73, how many Ruger handguns do you own? I'm just curious, because it seems like you have at least one of every kind ever made. :lol:

Far from it. Compared to quite a few on here, I'm but a beginner. I like variety and usually the less common stuff. Get those niches as full as possible and move onto another niche. Most are all just whatever pops up. rarely is it a focused savings plan towards one particular model. Most I buy are ones I happen to fall over, catch early or just get a lucky break. Sometimes it's who you know or in all honesty, what I find out here on RF. Also am at the point where I don't want to "collect" but rather aquire something different. Having to go the custom route for this now it seems as what I'd like isn't produced.
Like I said, as far as what I own pales in comparison so many but as far as Ruger handguns go...

29 SAs
3 semi auto
1 DA

Only 2 of those are OM's.

:oops:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I hope I can be like that someday! I don't want to "collect" guns, though. I want to have a lot of guns that I can use. :D

BlkHawk73

Hunter
StonewallRuger":3g4gmym5 said:
I hope I can be like that someday! I don't want to "collect" guns, though. I want to have a lot of guns that I can use. :D

I did "collect" the stainless Bisleys and have at least one of each tucked away untouched for my son in later years. (kept a shooter for myself ;) )
I bet there's still 10 or so I've yet to even chamber a cartridge in though. I "aquire" , just don't make "use 'em" time.

gak

Buckeye
Nice. I got one of the first Ruger .32s out of the chute in '84--just like yours. Great shooter. I now have and enjoy several Vaqueritos just as much, but also miss that special first one that I let get away years later when I (thought I) needed some cash. As many have said, never let 'em go unless you really, absolutely have to.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
I found one of these last summer that is in very good shape, in fact I believe that it has never been fired. A fellow Cowboy Action Shooter had it and decided that he would probably never use it so he sold it to me. I haven't shot mine either.

Mine is without the box and any assorted paper work.

Jay

gak

Buckeye
One of the nicest shooting experiences you'll have is shooting one of these. If you haven't shot .32 Mag before, unique experience in SA world. Very decent pop let's you know it's no .22-anything, but even a lot of shooting doesn't beat you up. Although logically/empirically it's about what you'd expect a 'tweener round should be, still a pleasant surprise when you light one (then two, three, etc) off. Great fun round, whether loaded mild or wild. One of nicest off the shelf rounds for the SS is Georgia Arms' 100 grain jhps, which approaches "warm .38" or even some .38+P, as many have described the .32's theoretical role/effectivness. Their cast FNs are nice too. The Federals--basically the "design round"--are sniffed down on a lot especially by reloaders (or detractors of the .32 altogether) as not unleashing .32's potential (presumably made mild enough so as to not blow up the weak H&R revolvers still out there), but even those have decent pop for an afternoon of shooting pleasure (cost aside).

When I used to shoot .44-40 more, some detractor-friends used to kid me about the "bang, one thousand one, one thousand thwap" ballistics, 'til I rapid plugged 10 rounds in a bucket of sand at 100 yds out of a 92 POA with irons. I won't say it wouldn't have dropped like a rock much past that. But after poking at the "outmoded cowboy round" like "you might as well throw rocks at it!"-- it got their respect and no one volunteered any more to go out there and stand and taunt at that 100 yd marker! Thus it is with the .32, the Rodney Dangerfield of the centerfire pistol world. Truly the Little Round that Could. Enjoy!

VonFatman

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73,
Very nice .32!! The grips are beautiful! I agree with your "accumulation" style...I do the same thing but do not have as many Rugers (but I'm working on it;-)

I just got a line on another long barreled .32...it's too nice to shoot though. It'll have to sit or move when something more interesting comes along.

Bob

Latest posts