.30 Super Carry and moon clips in .327 Fed Mag?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GHEN

Bearcat
Hi All,

My main weaknesses are .32 caliber firearms and auto cartridges in revolvers, so my mind goes to the possibility of using 30 Super Carry in a .327 revolver.

Except that moon clips don't exist (yet, AFAIK) does this seem feasible?

Thanks,

GHEN

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Hi All,

My main weaknesses are .32 caliber firearms and auto cartridges in revolvers, so my mind goes to the possibility of using 30 Super Carry in a .327 revolver.

Thanks,

GHEN
A man after my own heart!
I have 32's from 32S&W(the little one about an inch)long up to Blackhawks and GP100 in 327. Also a Smith 986 9mm revolver w/moon clips cut. And of course,a Blackhawk convertible w/9mm cylinder.
I've thought about 30 carbine in my 327 Blackhawk, maybe some day.

I had similar thoughts about a year ago, but in 35 caliber. I was wondering if I could use sawed-off 5.56 brass in a .38 Special revolver, with .380 moon clips for loading & headspacing. I picked up a few of the 5-rd Taurus .380 'stellar' clips, and the shortened rifle brass fits right in the clips, but the clipped brass wouldn't chamber completely in my S&W - the cylinder geometry was just a bit too different. Guessing it might work with a Taurus revolver, depending on the specific clearances, etc.

For awhile there I know that .32 and .25 were really hard to come by as they seemed to have been used in a lot of illegal firearms. I believe .25s are still hard to get. Have .32s become easier again?

JCK

Single-Sixer
The last time I was in Academy Sports, they had Sellier & Bellot .32acp 71gr FMJ (50rd box) and 20rd boxes of 60gr Winchester Silver Tip Hollow Points. No limit.

JCK

Single-Sixer
Hi All,

Thanks,

GHEN
You'll have to modify the cylinder to allow for the thickness of the moon clip. You then won't be able to shoot anything else unless it's headspaced
Off the case mouth.