.30 Carbine factory ammo ? ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

one eye joe

Bearcat
What brand of FACTORY ammo do you Ruger pistoleros favor in your .30 Carbine chambered Black Hawks. MilSurp seems a bit too hot, and causes hard extraction. I do NOT reload, so I'm looking for some factory load that works. Thanks for the help.................one eye joe

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I buy for my WWII carbine from Georgia Arms, just 6 miles from the house. http://georgia-arms.com/index.aspx I recommend them unconditionally. I buy a lot of other ammo and components from them. Good people. they have a special on ammo boxes of carbine ammo now 110g fmj 1000rds for $490 and 500rds for $250

one eye joe

Bearcat
Hey Tomiswho-- Thanks for your response. I love GA ! I buy their Canned Heat all the time--.38 and .223 esp. Have you ever shot their .30 ammo out of a Black Hawk OR do you only shoot it out of an M-1 Carbine ?

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
OEJ,
The only .30 carbine I have is the carbine. Winchester bbl. My one Blackhawk is a .45 Colt. Of course I have numerous other Rugers too...

Tell you what though, it's really nice to be able to run over to GA on lunch... and I also have a great range just 2 mi from the house:
www.advancedbullets.com Not many folks are this lucky!

Life is Good. (I have 2 jobs...)

gerryb158

Single-Sixer
If you are having extraction problems with your Blackhawk .30 car you may be able to fix that with some polishing of the chambers. Maybe someone who has done this can help you out with some suggestions. I use Federal .30 car ammo only because I happen to have a lot of it. But it is IMO the same as military. I just checked and ODCMP is sold out of Aguilia .30 car which they have had on sale for some time now. You may want to keep an eye on that web site, i.e. ODCMP.com. Sometimes they have good deals on ammo. I also reload for this cartridge but it is a bit pickey, especially for the pistol. Good luck in your search. Gerry