.30 cal Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Really enjoy shooting mine, haven't reloaded for it yet. Using Wolf I had problems with fired cases sticking in the cylinders. A bit of polishing fixed that and now it shoots whatever I stuff in it.
rugerguy, It would be an interesting read to see that whole article.

yes, I too wanted to 'see/read' more but alas both Fred and Marsha are gone and he had sent me the pic, guess the shot was from a copy of the Stars & Stripes??? I knew a guy from GE where I worked was an Army Sgt Major and his buddy carried a Ruger .44 Mag Super Blackhawk back in Khe Sanh even earlier........Fred, my Seabee friend was assigned to the Marines at Dong Ha , about 6 miles from the DMZ when they blew up the ammo dump, and that made the front page of the Stars & Stripes, he got out with only the clothes he was wearing. He ran a dozer and cleared landing zones, again may he and all those guys ( and gals) RIP..........Still looking,waiting to hear, for my friend Dale Pearce from here in Mentor ,Ohio he is MIA.........W1 U.S.Army May 17,1971........:(

diffy40

Single-Sixer
The old one.
1662933101532.jpeg

A little newer.
1662933264911.jpeg

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Hittman, your number #50xx gun, hiit a memory note , as I had #514 a couple of times around and our late friend DaveS ( cherokee here on the forum) kinda got it last time around and put it together with the next years version, the 'prefix' gun............

niEVGnnl.jpg

well we moved on again for the the 'estate' even after the first one was fitted with a smooth 32-20 cylinder,,,,awesome guns and I had another to go along with my 30 M-1 just like wyandot jims guns pictured above, after he 'booked from here in western Ohio....our late friend Fred P., former Navy Seabee , gave us this picture of his friend John was a PFC., doorgunner on a Huey, guess what he carried, matching .30 carbines.......
51CmJYZl.jpg

may they ALL Rest In Peace..........

:cool:;)
Don't remember you posting that before, thanks. Only in country pictures I have seen with Rugers were quoted as .44 magnums. The .30 carbine Blackhawk makes much more sense as all the free ammo available. Yes, may they all rest in piece.

Latest posts