30.06boat paddle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hazman

Bearcat
hello, i just bought a m77 markII 30.06 boatpaddle from a friend in need of money serial num. 780-77347. he won in a raffle at his gun club around 15 years ago, put it in his attic until now. this rifle is new in box and never been fired, any idea what the value might be as i would like to sell it?. i am a long time ruger owner, but mostly hand guns and .22 rifles . any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. ruger told me it was made and shipped in 1992. thank-you, paul.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
What area are you in? That would make a little difference. I would say $425 to $475 depending on how fast you want to sell it. Add a little if it has open sights on it or wood inserts in the stock. Common caliber so I don't think you will see the $500 mark with shipping and ffl fees involved. Face to face you might do a little better.

model1,

This is the "boatpaddle" stock...

model1

Bearcat
rugerjunkie":1voust7o said:
model1,

This is the "boatpaddle" stock...

Ahhhh yes, I see the similarity :lol:

Certainly not my bag, no offense to those who like it. I'm not much into plastic. Only have one plastic gun, my muzzleloader. I treat it like a red-headed step child.

Thanks for the pic Rugerjunkie.

lark63

Single-Sixer
Saw one sell at auction with scope sell for $675.00 today- prefer 700 remingtons myself

pisgah

Buckeye
A friend of mine owns 3 boat-paddle 77s, two in .270 and one .30-06. He loves them. I don't care much for the look, but I will admit they are tough, reliable, and accurate rifles, well-suited to heavy duty.

hadjii

Bearcat
Now if there was an insert in the buttstock like the pistol grip and the fore-grip, I might kinda like it. As it is, it looks a bit unbalanced. Seems I seen a stock like that for sale either in e-bay or gunbroker, can't remember which. I thought about buying it, and making inserts for it, but for some reason, decided not too.

stanimals2

Bearcat
I paid 350 for mine last year and thats about the normal around here, You can find them on gunbroker for under 400 pretty regular.