3 screw Single Six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AR_hillbilly

Bearcat
I recently got a excellent condition 3 screw Single Six with both cylinders and adjustable sights. Was talkin to a fellar at a gun show that has had several 3 screws, and he had never heard of one havin adj sights, not a Single Six anyway. Is he right thinkin it is a bit rare, or maybe he just hasn't seen one? Any guesstimates on the value? I got the gun, Hunter leather holster, brick of Wildcat LR's, and a set of plastic "stag" grips, Gave $475 for the package. Oh, and the pistol has NOT been converted. Thanks!!

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I have one, previously had another. Seen lots of them over the years while looking for a replacement, but didn't find the right ratio of price/ condition. A lot more than I've seen with fixed. As far as shooting guns, that's a good thing.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
That feller at the gun show you were talking to doesn't get around much. The old model, 3 screw
Ruger Super - Single Six were made from 1964 to 1972, Many thousands were made in three barrel lengths , 4 -5/8 , 5 - 1/2, and 6 -1/2 . You have a very good revolver, enjoy. How does it shoot?
Value about $400 - $550 , box , papers and condition ?

street

Hunter
If your Super Single-Six has a 4 5/8 in bl. then the cost will be closer to $1500 to $2000. :p :p :p

I'm with Sam, sounds like one who does NOT know much about Rugers..........
a few pictures or a bit MORE info, barrel length, serial number, etc., sounds like you did NOT get the box, shipper or any paper work, which helps drive up the values...as long as YOU like it , thats all that matters.

pete44ru

Hunter

Single-Six = flat-top cylinder frame, fixed sights with a drift rear sight for windage.

Super Single-Six = wing-protected (built into the frame's top strap) rear sight, adjustable for both W&E.

AR_hillbilly

Bearcat
It's a 6 1/2" bbl, with the wings by the back sight. Didn't get a box, papers, or nothing extra like that with it. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if it shoots OK I plan to sell my 6 1/2" New Model. I didn't know the 4 5/8" model was that much higher!! It's probly my favorite length for packin around tho, got a 357 3 screw, and New Models in 41 mag and 45 Colt that are the shorter ones and love em.
Ser # is 5247XX, not sure of the mfg date

G2

Hunter
A few months back the brick of ammo was worth about what you paid for the package. :roll:

The Magnum cylinder and the 6.5" is the sweet spot IMO.

Nice package! :wink: