3 screw - refinished - value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I saw on a local add that someone had a 3 screw 22lr/mag, 6.5 inch, that he had "refinished years ago with a bake on matte finish"; states it still looks new. How does this refinish job affect the value? He is asking $250.
Opinions? I have been wanting a .357 OM; but the price of this has got me thinking......
Thanks.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I would definitely plan to shoot it... I was afraid someone would tell me it was a good price... all of you are just "enablers". Thanks. :lol:

$250 is a good price for ANY old model , as long as its NOT 'broken" bulged barrel ( cut down) rusted chambers or bore, bent frame (cracked frame)....finish, so what , the old model parts are worth $250 and MORE.....shoot it, enjoy it, you can always coat it again later on ( me, I'd properly refinish it,but thats ME.....)

CraigC

Hawkeye
I wouldn't pay that much for it. Nice Old Models abound for under $300 and I sure as hell wouldn't pay $250 for one with a baked on finish. No idea who did the work or how the sixgun was prepped. Maybe as an Blackhawk project gun but not a Single Six.

agree with CraigC.
I recently bought an unconverted Single Six for $200, decent shape, as a shooted and the 'baked on finish' just likks the deal for me. Even parting it out I would want no more than $150 in it to make up for my time. IMHO $250 is 2 much.
Hope this "un-enables" you a bit! :lol:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
thanks for the comments. I have a NM single six convertible and love it; decided that the only reason this peaked my interest was that it was an OM and was close enough for a FTF deal. I have decided to hold out for the OM 357 that I have been hankering for. Might as well wait for what I really want.
Always appreciate the advice offered here.