$#%@! 3 Screw itch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Cruising through local Emporium on Monday... Spied a 3 screw 357... Our favorite salesman was steppin and fetchin for Santa himself so I eased on home... Wasn't really concerned since the real fruitcakes that would consider buying such a thing generally don't come around until the weekend anyway.... Stopped in on Tuesday and got to hold it.... Turned out to be a nice original gun.... I plan to have pictures to post later today...

Do I need another 3 screw 357? I thought about that hard myself... The general answer is yes.... I might get back in the groove on the matching custom 38-40/44-40/44 Special plan but even if I don't what does it matter.... The only justification I need is that this 3 screw was not MINE... That has been corrected! =:)

Dave T

Single-Sixer
I understand Axe. I got back into Blackhawks by buying a NM 44 Special. The first time I cocked the hammer I realized what a mistake I'd made. My first two center fire handguns were 3-screw Blackhawks. Some intense shopping (and a big dose of luck) and I now have a Blackhawk 44 Mag and 357 Mag, both Flat-Tops. Ahhhh, that's what I was looking for. (smile)

Dave

Axehandle

Buckeye
Aahhhh... That OM sound is wonderful..... Something special about those Idaho and Oregon 3 screws makes them sound extra good down here! :wink: A little warning though... Never.. Never.. Never.. pick up a NM whose action has been tweaked by one of our current master Gunsmiths.. Let that happen and the only answer becomes BOTH! :p

Axehandle

Buckeye
And Here She Is!
004.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
chutch,
I always love to see that pic of the Green River, White Rocks Mtn, and Square Top Mtn. (above the Green River Lakes in the Wind River Range of WY.)

:D

The last "old" 3 screw .357 I stumbled upon was this one:
268720212.jpg

It's no prize but the s/n was kinda catchy.....31-00100 :D

Actually, several sharp eyed guys spotted it for sale on the internet and put me in touch with the seller!!!!

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
I find myself always wanting to scratch the 3-screw itch!!!!!!! Did I tell ya about the 7-1/2" 44 Flattop,,??? Hard to resist,,,???

I was not in Tulsa Last Weekend but, I did manage to end up with a very nice old 3 screw Super 3 digit with the longer frame from the Tulsa show it should arrive today! I understand that $#%@! 3 screw itch :shock: I will take a picture later & get it posted.