3 screw 44 mag in the box, gunshow find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

adanymous

Bearcat
I found this at the gunshow and took a gamble on it. I think Ill gunbroker it, unless someone on here wants it. Tell me what its worth, I have no idea. Its a 3 screw pre tansfer bar, with box and all the papers. I think its a flat top, but Im no expert, someone tell me for sure. The guy I bought it off of said he cant remember ever shooting it but I think it has been shot a few times, not much though. There appears to be some very minor box wear, but you probably wont notice it. The box says its is catalog number S47 7 1/2bbl.

Anyone who wants to drive to see it is more than welcome. Im in Mustang OK 405 651 5407

guns011.jpg

guns010.jpg

guns009.jpg

guns008.jpg

guns007.jpg

guns006.jpg

guns005.jpg

adanymous

Bearcat
by the way there is also a 3 screw 357 that somebody put a ridiculous hammer extension on (ruined the hammer) and removed the sights from. It is also pre transfer bar. It is not too rough other than mentioned. I can buy it for $350, if anyone wants it Ill get it for them. It would be great for a project gun.

contender

Ruger Guru
A nice gun with most of the "extras!" I will note to you,, that it's NOT a Flattop. It's known as a "prefix Super." It was made in 1973,, the last year of the OM's.

adanymous

Bearcat
thanks for the answers guys, Ill try it at the show tomorrow and see if I get any interest. Its not really my bag, I generally do more contemporary style guns. But maybe somebody will appreciate what a beauty it is. If anything there is always gunbroker.

Would someone tell me how to recognize a flat top, Im a little confused on them.

flatgate

Hawkeye
adanymous":3rviczcd said:
Would someone tell me how to recognize a flat top, Im a little confused on them.

Well, ahem, uh, they are flat on top......

89556876.jpg

Above are two .357 Flattops. One from 1955 and one from 2005. Note how the rear sights are "set down within" the top strap of the cylinder frame.

Now look at the top strap of that nice Super you bought. Notice how the rear sight is "protected" by a raised portion of the cylinder frame.

And, yes, that is a Nice Super you found. One hint with photos..... no bright lights. I usually block the bright glare from my guns when shooting pics...

flatgate

adanymous

Bearcat
Well, that sure explains it.

BTW would you think I paid too much for it? I gave the guy $495 (he wouldnt come off the 500 mark, and I TRIED)