#3 accuracy issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lctrcjim

Bearcat
I've been doing a little homework, looking to buy a used #3. I've just found some things mentioning accuracy 'issues' with some #3's. I know I have to take any 'information' found on the internet with a grain of salt - for instance 'accuracy issues' with Mini30's..............

I've had a Mini30 for a while now & have no problems with it ..............last month, hunting down on da farm, late afternoon fading light, forest shadows, 80 yd shots, iron sites, 57 yr old eyes, - 3 shots fired that week = 2 dead hogs, one dead deer...........my mini doesn't seem to have any 'issues'...........

but anyhow, I'd like to hear if there is, indeed, any substance to this rumor.

Thanks!!!

Tx gun runner

Single-Sixer
All the # 3 I free float the barrels . I had A 44 mag , 30-40 krag , 375 Winc and 30-30 and they all shot great . I bulit a 45-70 and 32-40 . There is a lot of bench rest stuff for them now .

Picture893.jpg

target32-40.jpg

Picture049-1.jpg

lctrcjim

Bearcat
Gun Runner - wow, it looks GREAT!!! We're nowhere near the level you're at. My wife just got interested in shooting again & I'm looking to buy her a good-quality single shot rifle. We do the target range once or twice a month, hunt hogs on her family's farm every few months & go deer hunting once or twice a year.................none of the fancy bench rest stuff or customized rifles...............

I see you're listed as Middle Tenn - we live in Nashville

Thanks for your advice!!!

lctrcjim

Bearcat
Gun Runner, I forgot to ask - where did you find the crescent buttplate?? That thing really looks great!!! Are there a lot of aftermarket accesories like that out there?

Thanks!

Tx gun runner

Single-Sixer
I cut the butt plate out of a piece of alum . The hammer travel is 1/2 of a stock one and been lighten . The trigger is my design and will adj for sear engagement and weight down to 16 ozs at trigger , it take 5 second to adjust from offhand to bench trigger .

Picture328.jpg