3 3/4" bisley old vaquero 45LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
3 3/4" bisley old vaquero 45LC
I just bought this today. I like it. is there like a shorter name for this thing?

old_vaq.jpg

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
thanks hammer. Bisley Sheriff it is. I'm pretty happy. I wanted to find a old Vaq in 45colt. an Bisley Sheriff is icing on the cake.

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
thanks, I never find good stuff. I went into the shop looking to buy a 44mag SBH. and I knew I'd hate myself if I didn't buy it. I know its not valuable or anything, but its going to make a swell camping gun.

looks like I'll have to wait on that SBH.

freakindawgen":ni67j98w said:
Didn't know there was such a critter,nice find!

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
dont think they ever made that model my guess is someone put a bisley frame on a sherrifs model or the sherifs barrel on a bisley but its a very coold gun and will make a heck of a carry gun. If it were mine id fit it either with a drift ajustable front sight or go all out and fit it with smith ajustable sights. Fitted up like that i couldnt imagine a better sixgun to pack in the woods.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Only one change I would make along with Lioyd's drift adjustable front sight.
old_vaq.jpg

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I had a simmiler model and it had the birds head not the bis grip. I enjoyed the gun but when hard times came something has to go and it went. :cry:

captainkirk

Blackhawk
REP1954":2aiwqem0 said:
Only one change I would make along with Lioyd's drift adjustable front sight.
old_vaq.jpg

I like how you shortened that grip frame, if only digital photos were as reliable as gunsmiths...

captainkirk

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
Lloyd Smale":2yyp750k said:
dont think they ever made that model .

the warning marking is still on the barrel. and its centered. I'm a not expert, but I really think its an original sheriff barrel.

BearBio

Buckeye
I did the same thing. It's my hiking/camp gun. I put wooden Hogue's on it for a thicker grip. Mine's blue.

With the thicker grips, it handles the heaviest loads fine (300=-325 gr @ 1100-1200 fps.

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
Should I work up a load with heavier bullets and faster powders? How much velocity am I going to lose with the shorter barrel?