256 Win Mag ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief 101

Hunter
I have a couple of boxes of Winchester 256 win mag ammo and maybe a couple hundred fired cases that need to go down the road. I see prices all over the place mostly high and unsold on the auction sites. I am just wondering if anybody has an idea of how to price it for the classifieds. Along with the ammo and brass I have a few hundred 60gr bullets and Herter's dies for the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chief

contender

Ruger Guru
A lot depends upon the brand of factory ammo. And the cases,, are they marked 256 or are they converted 357 mag brass?
The devil is in the details.
PM sent.

Chief 101

Hunter
its all Winchester factory 60gr open pt. exp....2 of the yellow boxes and one of the newer white boxes. It looks like 2 yellow boxes of once fired, with a handful of unfired ones. The boxes aren't in great shape but the ammo is new. The Herter's dies look unused, not sure this item has much value.
Thanks so far, the prices I have seen on the yellow boxes range from $75-$120/50 on the new ammo. I see newly manufactured 256 ammo for sale for about $70. I know at $50 a box it would be gone fast but I'm trying to sell this stuff to raise cash for the ex-owner's widow, she needs some help, and I do want to be fair.

Chief 101

Hunter
already sold most of it, but I did find another small batch. I have a room full of old brass and bullets of various rifle and pistol calibers.