22lr magazine as speedloader for Single-Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I don't see why not. It would be an easy way to keep several reloads handy in the field. I still don't think it's gonna be quicker than a good belt pouch. I've done so much shooting with my Single Sixes that I automatically grab five rounds out of the pouch just about every time. I use an El Paso cap/cartridge pouch for loose .22's.
P1010051.JPG

22paul

Bearcat
I used to live near a county park with a gravel pit about a half mile wide and 30 feet deep. I worked second shift for a year or so and I went shooting every day. The only thing I could afford to shoot that much was a brick or two if Winchester wildcats. I fount the trick to fast reloads was getting quick at removing the empty cases. I just used a butt pack for ammo, but I have heard about the mag trick too just can't remember where. I never tried it.

Scott

Single-Sixer
I keep both cylinders loaded, but I think it's quicker for me to reload from my plastic skoal can. Only down side of my method is I have to have something solid to set it on or they'll all come dumping out.

Any safety, etc. reason why not to keep the extra cylinder loaded, in a padded bag, in my pocket?

rooger":bvtdufjz said:
I don't have a Single-Six but I have a Blackhawk .357 which I speedload by popping a handful of cartridges into my mouth then spitting them into the spinning cylinder.

LoL, i'll admit, i laughed. Saw this in a movie once.

SgtSam

Bearcat
Is there any particular one that works better than another? I tried it with my S&W 622 magazines (same as a S&W 41), and found it a little awkward.

SgtSam

22paul

Bearcat
SgtSam":2sfmoqxu said:
Is there any particular one that works better than another? I tried it with my S&W 622 magazines (same as a S&W 41), and found it a little awkward.

SgtSam

I'm gonna try a mag from an HP22 Thursday.

Pal Val

Buckeye
Loading a .22 revolver from a pistol magazine sounds to me like a solution in search of a problem. I have a handy container that holds all the .22's I can shoot in a day in the field. It's called a "coat pocket". They're easily reached, always available, and come with the coat.

If the coat pocket is not available, there's always the shirt pocket, or the vest pocket, etc. Field garments usually have more pockets than you really need.

If you are in a situation where you need to reload a .22 single-six with combat speed, you are carrying the wrong gun! :lol: