222/45 assembly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbski

Bearcat
Does anyone else have problems putting them back together? Took it shooting this morning came home to clean it, came apart no prpblem, clean it no problem, put it back together, no problem or so I thought. Pulled trigger nothing. Recocked it, pulled trigger, nothing. No click just nothing. Tried to take apart again, cannot get the mainspring out. Completely jammed. Now I did not force anything while reassembly, went together just as the instructions manual said to do. You know upside pull trigger, inside out pull trigger, point up pull trigger. To make a long story short, It's back to Ruger for repair. And when I get it back it's for sale. Gonna get a Browning..

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I still do not understand the whole "take it apart" to clean a Ruger pistol mentality. With today's aerosols and self-acting solvents, that is soooo twentieth-century!

I would love to have a 222/45! Must make a pretty loud noise!

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
mohavesam":31mkfc5j said:
I still do not understand the whole "take it apart" to clean a Ruger pistol mentality. With today's aerosols and self-acting solvents, that is soooo twentieth-century!

I would love to have a 222/45! Must make a pretty loud noise!

I'd rather have the 223/45, the brass is easier to find.
:wink:

mattsbox99

Hunter
Recoil would be brutal, not to mention the muzzle blast!

These little guns are bullet proof, you don't need to take them apart to clean them and you really don't need to clean them all that much.

I bought a new one and it was a pig to take apart, I merely disassembled it to put on a Pac Lite upper, I ended up having to tap the pin out but no problems since then.

rooger

Single-Sixer
If the firing pin stop fell out of the bolt before you reassembled the gun, it will cause big problems. This is mentioned in the Ruger owner's manual.

zenbiker

Bearcat
dbski
Does this mean you can't even open the lever on the latch or that you can't swing it up and pull it out?
I had that problem when I put the magazine in BACKWARDS!
Gun totally jammed.

dbski

Bearcat
Couldn't get the main spring back out. Jammed up tight. Gun is at Ruger now. We'll see how long before I get it back.

zenbiker

Bearcat
Please report back when you do. I'm trying to think of why your problem happened and can't so I'll be interested to hear why.
The gun was a pain to dis/reassemble until I went through the drill about 10 times. I have it down pat now with never a problem. This is why your post threw me a bit. Please ask Ruger what happened.
Companies will often just send the gun back without an explanation about the problem.
The gun is a great piece so don't discard it until finding out the scoop...MHO

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
my guess is that the little dangly thingie didn't hit the grove in the folding doohickie when the latching thingamabob was folded shut.... that'll do it every time :wink:

surv

zenbiker

Bearcat
If you don't get the dangle thingie into the thingie hole, the slide can't be pulled back but the latchie thingie shouldn't be jammed.

dbski

Bearcat
Got my Mk111 22/45 back from Ruger after 2 weeks in service, not bad turn around time. All it said was reassembled incorrectly. But they did replace the extractor and ejecter and also the frame, all for the low price of $0. That's right nothing. This one of the reasons I will allways buy Ruger.