22 Short

Help Support Ruger Forum:

backtalk

Bearcat
Is it safe to fire 22 shorts in a New Model Single Six ? I have some backyard rodent work to do. :roll:
DSCF4127.jpg

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Straight from the Manual.

The RUGER® NEW MODEL SINGLE SIX® & BISLEY revolvers
chambered for .22 long rifle are intended to be used with any standard make of .22 long rifle, long or short ammunition in either regular, high velocity or hypervelocity

Available online if you don't have it.
Dana

backtalk

Bearcat
45Colt_Man":2v5njgev said:

chambered for .22 long rifle are intended to be used with any standard make of .22 long rifle, long or short ammunition in either regular, high velocity or hypervelocity

Dana
Thank you. I feel stupid not looking at the manual.

edlmann

Blackhawk
backtalk":x7lg71ck said:
Is it safe to fire 22 shorts in a New Model Single Six ? I have some backyard rodent work to do.

Some extra cleaning to do before you go back to LRs, but that's about it.

45Colt_Man":x7lg71ck said:
chambered for .22 long rifle are intended to be used with any standard make of .22 long rifle, long or short ammunition in either regular, high velocity or hypervelocity loading.

Click here for the NMSS manual.

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
You weren't stupid...just a little ignorant. It's not bad being ignorant, as an ignorant person genuinely wants to know and will likely ask for an answer or direction. Then they know and are no longer ignorant.

A stupid person doesn't know...doesn't care, or try to seek the knowledge to know...or worse, pretends they know.

So, it's OK to be ignorant...just DON'T be stupid.

Regards,

MD

chuck_in_texas

Bearcat
The only handicap to using .22 shorts (besides the extra cleaning mentioned earlier) is: where do you get them?

I haven't seen a box around here in this part of South Texas in a long, long time.

edlmann

Blackhawk
chuck_in_texas":266u9rn8 said:
The only handicap to using .22 shorts (besides the extra cleaning mentioned earlier) is: where do you get them?
I haven't seen a box around here in this part of South Texas in a long, long time.

Wal*Marts in Central Florida have had a few boxes of shorts on the shelves when they had .22LR at all.

cas6969

Buckeye
read%20da%20manual.jpg

;)

You can also get other things that may shoot better like CB Caps, Colibri etc.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
cas":19vtf8yo said:
;)

You can also get other things that may shoot better like CB Caps, Colibri etc.
That's right. My experience with .22 shorts is that the accuracy in in a .22 LR chamber is sometimes less than impressive. CB "long" have worked better for me in my Single Sixes and Win M60 rifle. My 10/22 won't cycle the action but can be fired single shot with CBs. You may even have better luck in finding CB cartridges as they aren't a big seller and may be more likely to be gathering dust on a dealer's shelf. JMO, Dennis....BTW backtalk, I like your choice of barrel length, I'm a "long tom" fan myself. That oughta be a fine "rodent rooter"! :wink: