22 revolver question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief 101

Hunter
Say I have a Single-Six made in 1960 and it shoots 22lr to point of aim(or maybe I have adapted). I don't have a 22 Mag cylinder but if I did would it shoot to the same point on the target? I know how it works with the bigger recoiling guns so what I want to know is if it works the same way with this smaller sidearm. Chief aka Maxx Load

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
SOMETIMES it does....and SOMETIMES it does not. I would guess it is at best a 50/50 crapshoot.
I did have a SSS that put everything, 22S,22L,22LR, 22WRF, AND 22MAG all in the same place at 25 yards with one sight setting. It sorta negated the entire reason to have adjustable sights.

flatgate

Hawkeye
In my limited experience, that is I don't shoot .22 mag much at all, is that having an adjustable sight gun is beneficial......

flatgate

Scott

Single-Sixer
I don't shoot off any kind of bench rest - in fact, it's usually free handed from various distances at paper/cans/etc., 30 feet up to 150, and I get nearly the same aim from the .22lr and .22mag; the .22 shorts are a different story, thought, they usually "fall" an inch or two when I get past about 50 feet. I have shot squirrels with both mag and lr with the same results. But did do a lot of adjustin/sighting in when it was new. Mine is an '08 model that came with the .22mag cyl.

Old Griz

Bearcat
I almost bought a .22 mag ages ago, but at the time a box of .22 mag and a box of .38 Specials were the same price, so I never bothered with the .22 mag. Ammo prices are so crazy today that I don't know if that is still true or not. But heck, if you've got a good shootin' .22LR, ya don't need no .22 mag. Just shoot cheap and have a lot of fun. That's what .22s are for!