22 Plinkster: GLOCK 44 22LR - IS IT WORTH THE MONEY?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
I finally got to the range...

Took both of my Glock 44s and four of the Promag 18rd magazines.

I only loaded 15 rounds in each mag, (at the end I did try one mag with 18 rounds and it performed like the rest.

I ran the pistols and magazines with CCI 40gr Mini Mags, Federal 36gr bulk, and Wichester 36gr bulk.

I did not have a single stoppage thru 180 rounds (4 mags, x3 ammo types, x15rds), but I do have sore fingers (those Promag springs are stout).

I mixed and matched the pistols/mags/ammo but each mag had one loading with each brand of ammo, and each pistol was used at least once with each of the four mags.

At $15 these mags are worth every penny.

It's a shame the mags don't work with the Advantage Arms conversions, but... c'est la vie.

hpman66

Buckeye
:eek: :shock: :mrgreen:

1641092983135-png.1018816

hpman66

Buckeye
Ale-8(1) said:
9mm Luger Rimfire Revolver? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was hoping someone would catch that. Also the Glock appears to be a Gen 3 so the price isn’t too far off.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/glock-g19-gen3-9mm-compact-15-round-pistol?sku=black-right-9mm-luger-4

vito

Hunter
If someone wants a good 22 for plinking, why would someone go any further than the excellent Mark IV from Ruger? I got rid of several 22's after buying my Mark IV. Reliable, accurate, fun to shoot, a breeze to take down for cleaning. I'm a big Glock fan for concealed carry and home defense, but for plinking at the range I'll stick with my Mark IV.

vito said:
If someone wants a good 22 for plinking, why would someone go any further than the excellent Mark IV from Ruger? I got rid of several 22's after buying my Mark IV. Reliable, accurate, fun to shoot, a breeze to take down for cleaning. I'm a big Glock fan for concealed carry and home defense, but for plinking at the range I'll stick with my Mark IV.

Some folks value ease of carry over utility. I think anyone who carries a Glock is in this group. A 1911, a Hi Power, two easy examples of guns that will out shoot a Glock, but Glocks are carried in far higher numbers.

I also have many varieties of Ruger Standards and Mark's, and they shoot wonderfully. But since I've ended up with plastic .22 pistols, Glock 44 and Taurus TX-22 I shoot the plastic throw-aways far more often.

There's a choice for everybody. :mrgreen:

WAYNO said:
vito said:

Some folks value ease of carry over utility. I think anyone who carries a Glock is in this group. A 1911, a Hi Power, two easy examples of guns that will out shoot a Glock, but Glocks are carried in far higher numbers.

I also have many varieties of Ruger Standards and Mark's, and they shoot wonderfully. But since I've ended up with plastic .22 pistols, Glock 44 and Taurus TX-22 I shoot the plastic throw-aways far more often. My Mark pistols are only shot at the range, where the plastic pistols are carried in the field, when I'm not carrying a Single Six.

There's a choice for everybody. :mrgreen:

kramden

Blackhawk
I'm curious to try the new Glock 44. The other Glocks I have have all been excellent (G43 & a G17). In .22 I have an SR22 and an M&P22. Both are excellent with anything I have put through them.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Biggest thing I like is that the 44 mimics the feel of my Glock centerfires. Also, it uses alot of the same parts.

blume357

Hawkeye
I finally broke down and read this thread... all 4 pages and this is what I got out of it... if you like Glocks and specifically if you own one or two and want
t a 22lr semi-auto then you probably aught to buy one....

I personally don't care for Glocks... lots of reasons but probably just because too many people do.... I don't like the look and also don't choose to carry a striker fired pistol... also, I don't need another 22 at this moment in time....

Kind of funny how folks can run through hundreds of rounds of different brands of 22 accessing a pistol sure would not want to do that with any other caliber these days....