22 Mag Cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Is there a reason why Ruger wants you to return the whole pistol to the factory to fit a 22 Mag cylinder? I've got a Single Six, but the seller had the wrong mag cylinder for it, so I wanted to buy one from the factory, but they want the pistol returned to them to "fit" it. I hate to let my little baby ( 9.5 Inch barrell, sweet shooting) go for a month or more. If there is a good reason for doing so, okay but otherwise ??

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
It will be the proper length and correctly timed. I know the shipping cost is terrible, but you know what you have when it's returned and it will have the correct S/N on the cylinder. Had to do that with an Old Model .45 convertable that the original owner had lost or sold the .45 Colt cylinder on. Works like a champ.
Some day I'll get a 9.5" .22, only have one in .32 most accurate gun I own.
Forgot to ask is this an Old Model? Because they'll want to install the transfer bar upgrade if not done. New model no problem.

Dana

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Thanks Dana, that makes sense. I guess I'll call Ruger and get the details where to send it. It's a new model, so it has the transfer bar already. This one I bought used, it came with a 1.3X Bushnell scope on it and at 25 yards, if I'm firing from a rest, it's a "TACK DRIVER", it's better than me.
Pamela

CG, too bad you were not around a bit closer to here, usually have a cylinder or two laying about....besides there are others here on the Forum , as well, that may have one.......all we need is the "exact" measurement of the cylinder that is in the gun now, over-all ,end to end........get one that "matches" and it just may work...yes, should have it checked out, as to timing/lock-up,,but not that hard, and as I said there are LOTS of folks here, that have done it and done it many times..........not a problem as to the factory doing it and we tell folks all the time, if "any doubt, do not hesitate..." better to be on the safe side. After all they built the gun in the first place............