.22 LR Price differences among major sellers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rooger

Single-Sixer
I received an emailed alert today from Natchez Shooters Supplies that they now had in stock ammo I like: Federal Champion Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Box of 525 (Bulk) at a price of $34.95 a box! That is about twice what I usually pay for the same item from Midway or Cheaper Than Dirt. Heck, my local store in Northern California charges less than $25.00 when they have it in stock. There have been several posts lately about .22 LR ammo. This particular Federal stuff seems to be popular so I thought I should pass this along FYI.

They have to be catering to the folks who just can't find any locally or are just too lazy to go look. Even when ammo is cheap on the internet... the dern shipping always puts it over the edge of ridiculous unless you are buying in major bulk...

I paid $25 for Fed. Champion bulk the other week and though I was getting taken.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I think what you are seeing is just the first round in the next ammo price jump. If you watch any of the financial shows on TV you have seen commodities from gold to lead take a big jump in the last three months or so. That also includes brass. I reload a lot of shotgun and lead shot has jumped almost $10 per 25 # here. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Hang on, its getting bumpy again. :evil:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
RedLabel said:
I think what you are seeing is just the first round in the next ammo price jump. If you watch any of the financial shows on TV you have seen commodities from gold to lead take a big jump in the last three months or so. That also includes brass. I reload a lot of shotgun and lead shot has jumped almost $10 per 25 # here. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Hang on, its getting bumpy again. :evil:

I think you are correct, I got all I need of everything except for rimfire ammo and prices around here good on 22 lr, but not so good on 17 hmr,

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Wolf Match Target has been $35/500 for some time now at Midway. It used to be less than half that. 3 years ago standard bulk .22 was $9/500, now it's $17/500.

Oh yeah, the prices are going nowhere but "up".

-- Sam

ranger1

Buckeye
Today I just saw CCI Blazers for $17.49/500, Winchester 555 for $19.99 and CCI Mini-Mags, 40gr, rn, cp for $6.99/100. No Federal Bulk in stock.

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
Everyone should do like me and pick up a 550 bulk box every trip to wally world. I have over a dozen boxes sitting on the shelf in my gun room now that way at about $20.00 per trip it's not bad. But a few years ago it was like $8.99 a box was better but no shipping lets you pay more and not fuss. and before long you will have a good supply stored back and don't really miss the money spread out over time.

ranger1

Buckeye
Tommy Kelly said:
Everyone should do like me and pick up a 550 bulk box every trip to wally world. I have over a dozen boxes sitting on the shelf in my gun room now that way at about $20.00 per trip it's not bad. But a few years ago it was like $8.99 a box was better but no shipping lets you pay more and not fuss. and before long you will have a good supply stored back and don't really miss the money spread out over time.

I agree on stocking up, but I would rather buy ammo from the local gun shops. I want them to stay in business. :)

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh if I bought a box of ammo every time I go to Wally World I would maybe get a box a year......two if it was a bad year..... :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.