22 Ammo in the bricks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ewalker

Bearcat
Went by Academy and walmart this week and both places had bricks anybody else starting to see ammo showing up in larger amounts . Academy had quit a bit of pistol ammo and large amount of rifle ammo and prices were about the same.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Never any bricks at our local Wallyworld.Been that way all year.Found 1 or 2 at a walmart next town east ,but just luck.All the gun shops seem to get to Wallyworld & buy them up.They always seem to have them for 3 x the price! BS

E

Single-Sixer
Starting to appear again here at independent shops -- prices range from $26 to $35 for bulk Federal for a brick. None at the big stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro.

Handgun ammo is appearing again, and some big retailers have a policy of two boxes of handgun ammo per customer. Prices are only a couple bucks higher at Bass Pro for 100-round 9mm WWB than they were last year. .38 Special and .380 are several dollars higher for boxes of 50. .45 ACP is plentiful and the same price as a year ago.

Rifle ammo like .223, .308 and 7.62x39 are pretty regularly stocked again, too, and prices are about what they were a year ago, too.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
The Walmart near my house has had quite a bit of handgun ammo in recent months. I'm still buying the Federal 550 bulk packs for $13.47, and the WWB 9mm and .45acp are about $19 and $28 respectively (per 100). The sporting goods manager told me recently that most of the handgun ammo is no longer listed as backordered when he places his weekly order, and that although he doesn't always get everything he orders, he is getting most of what he orders now.

joshheat25

Bearcat
hasn't happend in my area yet! walmart has been low on ammo all over the state of DE, haven't seen hardly any bricks of .22lr

theavrin

Bearcat
Haven't seen any bricks at the Wal-marts in Louisville, KY, but they have had bits and pieces if you are there at the right time. A few of the guns shops have had bricks and plenty of variety. A few of them are still crying that they can't get anything.

DavidABQ

Bearcat
It seems to be easing up slightly around here. I bought six bulk packs of Federal .22 ammo Friday night. I left one box of the 550 bulk packs but they had close to 15 boxes of the 325 bulk boxes on the shelf. A couple of weeks ago they 17 of the 550 ct. of Remington GBs so it seems to be getting better.

FJ40INTOW

Bearcat
I have seen them at Wally world a little more.
I have been buying the .223 Federal bulk packs (100 Ct).
I have enough .22LR's to last a while.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
AzRebel":34jysi01 said:
I haven't even looked very much, and when I do it's out of curiosity.

Still have plenty to keep me feeling comfortable.

Daryl
Send some up to Flag!! :lol:

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
Seeing a little more at Walmart, but not a whole lot.

Did see a fair assortment of pistol caliber stuff at the new gunstore in town.
Price for 9mm was either $21.95 or $23.95.
Couldn't quite see.

A fair variety of 50 round boxes of 22 RF.

Plus a lot of firearms for sale at ok prices.
Prices at the pawnshop that sells new and used guns were fairly good.

Big 5 is still advertising shotgun shells in upland game loads and last week some double ought.
Haven't seen them advertise 22 RF though.

I predict a dip in availability as things become more available.
The hoarders will be back and those who missed a chance to hoard some stuff will start a new demand.

Maybe then it will settle down.

Lone Wolf McQuade

Single-Sixer
Starting to see a bit more in the Walmarts in Southeastern MA, and Newport, RI. Recently picked up 2 bricks of Frderal 22lr, and 500 rounds of WWB 45ACP all at decent prices.

G. Freeman

Bearcat
I went to my local Wallyworld in So. California. No ammo still. Mean saleslady told me I need to call at 6:00 am in the morning to find out when shipment arrives. Otherwise they're gone as soon as they arrive. This ammo hoarding is just plain ridiculous.

I have a feeling I won't see any ammo at my local Walmart for another year.

DavidABQ

Bearcat
The local Wal-Marts here seem to have more ammo. .22 ammo is still hit and miss with sometimes weeks going by without any and then bam a couple of cases show up.

A

Anonymous

I haven't seen a brick of .22 in Wally World here in 2 months.

There is one larger gunshop in my area that keeps plenty of bricks of federal, Eley, Remington GB, CCI Blazers, etc.
All the Remington and Federal bulk is at least 10 bucks more a brick than Walmart, though.

I can stay stocked up, but only at one shop and gotta pay more :roll:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

There are three Wal-Marts in the areas I usually "inhabit" and two of 'em aren't worth spit for sporting goods. The one that is has a lady running the SG dept who told me she IS starting to get a little bit of .22 ammo on her orders, but it goes as fast as they get it off the truck. She said call before 3 p.m. to see if any came in, then be at the counter at 7 when it comes inside the store.

I haven't tried to join that crowd yet.

She's also got a FEW boxes of ammo in places on the shelf that were just collecting dust a month ago. I also saw some American Eagle on one of the online vendors' sites yesterday, for $1.89/50. First .22s I've seen online in quite a while.

So maybe things are easing ever so slightly. I hope...

Rick C