22 Ammo in the bricks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Out of five Wallys I check there still aren't any .22s. The one that used to stock quite a bit is now empty too and the guy behind the counter just laughed at me when I asked when he might get some more :x

Wit

Bearcat
A couple of Walmarts in Dallas/Ft.Worth area are not much different. I have to try my luck every time I go there (about twice a week.) I always see .22, .17 in 50 rd. boxes, but no bricks. Sometimes I see .40 S&W which I don't shoot. More popular caliber like 9mm, .45 acp, .223, .357 mag are very hard to come by.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I found some Remington GBs in the 525 pack at a local Dicks sporting goods yesterday. They had quite a few so I bought one box. My guns prefer the Federals but the GBs will have to do until this thing lightens up.

roca7

Bearcat
it seem's that walmart is starting to stock a little more ammo in a variety of caliber's. i got very lucky a month ago, and even with a 6 bx limit here in KC, by the end of the day i ended up with around 2400 rds of 9mm/40S&W. just lucky. since that day i have gotten another 1500 rds.
last week someone gave me my first rimfire, MK 1. they had it laying around for the last 25 year's and didn't want it, so again i was lucky.
i also bought a sig mosquito just because i have an assortment of sig handguns. kinda of a dissapointment, but i enjoy it. bought some cci mini mags and they didn't do well in the sig, but the MK1 ate them up. very impressive. so impressive that i went out and bought a MK111512. hope i have good luck with it.
i didn't know anything about .22 ammo until i started reading different post. i just happened to buy a box of federal 550 value pk at walmart just to try and the price was $15.47. i thought that was cheap so i didn't care to much as long as it would fire and i could have some fun. well the more i read the more i found out it's a good buy. i tried it that day and had only 1 FTF out of the box. i started reading more about it that night and decided to go to walmart's the next morning. picked up 5 more box's and thought that would be the end to it. went to the range yesterday and thought about getting some more so off to wally world again, but this time they were out. decided to go a few more mile's to another walmart and got the last 6 bx's.
in one week the federal went dry, so i assume everyone like's it.
i talked to the guy that order's the ammo at wally world and he said he dosen't get all he ask's for, but it is starting to come in in larger quanities. he think's a lot of the gun shop's send people in to clean them out and resell it. don't know about that?
i did read a post about 6 month's ago that walmart had paid winchester up front for 50 million rd's. i didn't think about it until i started noticing that ammo was becoming more plentiful at walmart's. i'm starting to see more of it here in the KC Missouri area, and if you think about it, how many walmart's are there around the country?
sorry for the long post, but one more thing.
breaking that MK1 down was a JOB! it took me 3 hrs of tugging, pulling, and using a plastic plug to get it apart. lucky to find a video on youtube that really helped out. i know it hadn't been cleaned or fired for 25 yr's, so you can just imagine the frustration. i took it down a second time after a trip at the range and this time just spent maybe an hour taking it apart, cleaning, and getting it back together. fired it yesterday at the range, went to the gun show today and found two mag's for $19 each, so i was in a good mood when i got home. stood there stairing at it, then started breaking it down to clean. 20 minute's later i was done. used nothing but my hand's to disassemble and assemble. everything came out easy, and getting that pin back in took me a few minute's because i forgot to pull the trigger and tilt it back so that pin would drop in place.
i think if it's well lubed every thing will turn out fine. now i'm just getting up the courage to knock off the barrel next time. i'm sure you all know what i mean?

mattsbox99

Hunter
I saw that Wolf Match stuff, passed on it though.

I've had little to no trouble getting what I wanted around here... I always keep 6k rounds in dry storage just in case.

roca7

Bearcat
a friend told me today at work he picked up some win 333 at a walmart. so on the way home i stopped in and all they had was two bx's., so i got them. on the shelf they had a lot of 9mm and 40's. both value pk's and 50 in a bx. they also had a lot of federal 40. the guy said they have had it on the shelf for more than a day for the first time in a long time.
stopped at another walmart and picked up 6 more bx's of winn 333. they had a lot of it, and again a lot of other ammo on the shelf's.
i wonder if thing's are changing?

theavrin

Bearcat
They seem to be in Louisville, the Wal-marts are having more on the shelf and the gun shops seem to be fairly well stocked. I've been getting the Federal AutoMatch bulk from WW and it does well in my 10/22's and my 22/45.

jimd441

Blackhawk
As I posted earlier, things are easing up in Central N.C., but this was a surprise. The local WM has Rem Golden Bullet 550 packs for the usual $15.47 which is fine, but 100ct CCI mini mags are $10 :shock:

Jim

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
I don't bother with Wallyland.
You can get it online delivered to your door for $25 bucks for 500.
Not great, but I am not sweating it going from WM to WM looking.

Plus I have a great desire to stock up on 22's now. Right now. The economy is tanking, and having a LOT of rounds of anything sounds pretty good.
Just bought 1500 rounds from ammotogo for $75.
That's a lot of target practice/emergency bullets for fairly cheap.