22/45 MkIII Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chukar hunter

Bearcat
I'm looking to get a .22/45 MKIII. Any advice on the gun? The price seems good for a new.22 auto. Seems like it'd be a great plinker or trail gun. I said that about my MKII Bull barrel, but it shoots so darn good.

sheepman

Bearcat
The 2245 MKIII is an OK gun, had one but sold it when I gut a deal on a MKII target. Mine was accurate and reliable with all but the Winchester bulk ammo. The 2245 with the 4" barrel would be my choice for a trail gun as it is lighter than the steel MKIII. Some have had problems with the LCi but mine worked great out of the box and had over 3000 rounds though it when I let it go. Good luck : Bill

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I inherited one and I had to add one of those rubber slip over grip additions to have it fit my hands. But,, it's like all the other Rugers,, it's a fine gun. We use mine to teach the WOT clinics.

Mr Jukebox

Bearcat
You should go and at least hold one before you buy on I had one and made the mistake of not trying one first. The grips were to thin and i didn't like the way i sat in my hand. So i bit the bullet and sold it and bought a standard mark III

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
I had one (a 4" full barrel, one as a matter of fact) and the only time I had a problem with it a couple of drops of oil fixed it. It was a shooting trick I tell you. I put a cheap red dot sight on mine, but that made it hard to carry around. Still, I killed a couple of squirrels with it.

The only reason I don't have it now is I saw something I wanted more and traded it off.

I didn't mind the grip. If I had, a piece of bicycle inner tube would have fixed it I'm sure.

omalon

Bearcat
CajunBass":2m3yn8qx said:
I didn't mind the grip. If I had, a piece of bicycle inner tube would have fixed it I'm sure.

WHAT A piece of an inner tube on a gun............

45longcolt

Bearcat
Now for the 22/45 MKIII there are 1911 type grip overlay panels that make the 22/45 feel as if it has Pachmayr rubber 1911 grips on it. No dremeling off the stock molded in grips, these lay right over those grips and come in a rubberized version as well as hard grips. These grip overlay panels fit so well you can actually just use white double sided sticky tape to hold them on but I used the 8x32 screws the man sells with the grip overlay panels. Makes the 22/45 feel like a real 1911 in your hands.

GRIP5.jpg

Oh yeah he also makes extended base plates for the 22/45 magazines. Email him with your request, Dominic A. Notaro Sr. [[email protected]]