22/45 Lite w/comp..?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

skip

Single-Sixer
I put a comp on my 22/45 and shot about 300 rounds through it...I have a lead build up in some of the ports..is this normal and does anyone have a good method of removing the lead, I have been scrubbing it with a bronze brush, the going is slow...Thoughts, suggestions appreciated.
P. S. maybe I should look closely at my bore?

Kanook

Buckeye
Some of the best suppressors in todays market can be taken apart to remove lead build up from inside the suppressor.

It is normal and I wouldn't worry about it in your comp.

If you can't make it pop off, look for directions on "the dip". It is hazardous though.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
I've given up on scrubbing when it comes to removing lead build-up in barrels, compensators and suppressors. What I now use is a 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar. Mix up a couple of ounces of each and soak the compensator in the solution for 15 minutes. Remove the comp and rinse it off with hot water. Is the lead gone? If not, soak it for another 15 minutes, and repeat until the compensator is clean. This solution has not hurt bluing, killed any of the house-hold critters, or done any harm to surrounding walls. The solution, after soaking will of course have lead and carbon in it, so dispose of it properly. Once your parts are clean, rinse those parts in hot water and use a oil displacing solvent, like "Kroil" to neutralize any of the solution after the rinsing. This stuff works great for removing lead in short order without damage.

BEFORE SOAKING

AFTER SOAKING

Latest posts