22/45 impressions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Going to add a .22 semi-auto for more and cheaper range time. The 22/45 is the leading choice due to the grip being similar to the SR9 and 1911. Some searching turns up some comments that the 22/45 might have some feed problems because of the grip angle? Are they fussy about ammo? These days a guy has to get what ammo he can get, so no sense buying a gun that needs one brand to run well.

thanks
Jeff

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I've got a MkII 22/45, 5-1/2 bull barrel that I wouldn't trade for anything. It's a sweet shooter, and it eats any ammo I put in it with no problems.

pisgah

Buckeye
Mine was a bit ammo-fussy when I first got it. Generous lubrication solved the problem until everything was well broken-in (after 1000 or so rounds), and now it seems capable of feeding anything slickly without oil oozing out of it.

sturmenater

Bearcat
I have had my markIII 22/45 for about a week now its good chep fun.

I,ve tried rem target,rem sub-sonics, cci blazers, win X-perts and rem stinger all pretty cheap bulk stuff besides the target rounds and it been cycling fine 1 out 100 rounds kinda hangs and all it takes is a quick smack to the rear of the bolt solves it. I assume after more rounds this will quite.

E

Single-Sixer
Haven't ever had a feeding problem with my Mark III 22/45.

One weekend while shooting with a couple buddies, I ran a brick of Federal bulk through mine without a single stoppage while one buddy tried to smoothly run more than five rounds in a row in his SIG Mosquito. The SIG would fire, jam, fire x3, jam, fire x2, jam, fire x2, fail to feed, fail to feed, etc. He would switch mags and repeat with similar results. If he loaded the mags with 7 or 8, same result.

I'll stick with my 22/45.

9x19

Hunter
They are my favoite .22 pistol, and here are two I really like the best.

Ruger 22/45 Std 4 5/8" with an LPA adjustable rear sight

Ruger 22/45 Target 5.25"

firebirdv8

Bearcat
Lone Wolf McQuade":37gthr7w said:
I use Federal Bulk 22LR from WALMART with out any problems in mine.

That's what works best in mine. You won't be disappointed with the 22/45. They are just plain fun to shoot and accurate.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Thanks for the replies. We were in the LGS yesterday and put every .22 semi-auto in significant other's hand. (the point of this purchase is for her..cough cough). Didn't like the 22/45. When she held the Walther P22 she said that's it, I like it. So a Walther it is. For now. Actually I don't find the grip of the 22/45 to be very close to my stock 1911. Still going to be the next purchase. Probably.

Didn't like the OD green P22 so waiting on a black one.

bisleyguy

Bearcat
I own a mk 3 that has hogue grips, and red dot sight. wouldn't trade it. great little gun. :D

sailorb

Single-Sixer
My Mk 2 5.5 bull barrel with a holo-sight is the absolutely most accurate, best shooting pistol I own. It makes me look like a really good handgun shooter, which I am not. It digested just about everything I put in it including some 40 year old milsurp ammo I got from brother in law.

"Some searching turns up some comments that the 22/45 might have some feed problems because of the grip angle?"

I suggest you simply disregard those comments as they are obviously significantly mis-informed.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Mobuck said:
"Some searching turns up some comments that the 22/45 might have some feed problems because of the grip angle?"

I suggest you simply disregard those comments as they are obviously significantly mis-informed.

I bet he was on a S&W Forum.

gunzo

Buckeye
The 22/45's grip angle has little to do with mag angle because the mag runs at a different than the grip. The mag has the same angle to bore as the all steel models.

Latest posts