2023 Ruger Collectors Show in Idaho

Help Support Ruger Forum:

After a two-year hiatus due to COVID and other issues, we were thrilled to be back for our 13th annual Ruger Display at the Ford Idaho Center in Nampa. A big THANK YOU to the show's long time organizers Hank and Susie for another great show.

There was a total of 11 displays. In addition to local displayers, there were participants from California, Oregon, Washington, and Utah. The displays included some very exceptional and rare Rugers to be enjoyed by all.

These are the Ruger Collector award winners:
1st Novice - Display # 2 Ruger International Rifles
1st Intermediate - Display # 3 The 1954 Christmas
1st Advanced - Display # 5 Ruger Speed Six Revolvers
Best Educational - Display # 9 Ruger Factory-Made 357 Cutaway
People's Choice Award - Display # 5 Ruger Speed Six Revolvers
Best Ruger Of Show - display # 9 Ruger Factory-Made 357 Cutaway

Lewis & Clark Show Promoter Awards
1st Place Display # 5 Ruger Speed Six Revolvers
2nd Place Display # 10 Ruger SP101's The First 20 Years
3rd Place Display # 6 Ruger's Lovely Long Barrels

In addition to the displays, many sought after Rugers and great collection of memorabilia were offered for sale. Many went home with items to add to our personal collections and to play with.

We had a great turnout for the banquet at the Riverside Hotel in Boise attended by the displayers and their friends and family. We also have two new displayers for 2024 joining our fun event. I will make a second post with pictures and display descriptions.

contender

Ruger Guru
I just viewed all the pictures & displays etc.

THANKS for taking the time to post all this.

Kudos to Hank & Susie (again) for all the hard work it takes to put this together.

Great job to ALL displayers.

I to also just got done looking at all the displays. and i have to conclude that im "impressed".....This might be a good time to mention im NOT easly impressed! well done to all. It has been to long since I made that show. I miss that gang, the good time it was. my good friend Steve and his son Joel. I believe 2016 was the last time I ws there. I took best of show that year as well. looks like the display competition has pick up greatly. im up for the challenge. when you least expect it. ill show up again! FNC

I was able to attend the show (only 900 miles round trip), and let me tell you, the photos don't do these displays justice. Truly an incredible bunch of Ruger firearms, and the same goes for the guys putting them together. Next year perhaps it won't be snowing all over the western states in March, and perhaps more of you forum members can make the trip and see this incredible stuff in person. It might be a full year away, but mark your calendars with some open time in March.

Thank You to all that attended and the displayers.

Special Thank You to Hank and Susie for making it happen.

is there a link or thread to the pics..I can't seem to locate it?

I to also just got done looking at all the displays. and i have to conclude that im "impressed".....This might be a good time to mention im NOT easly impressed! well done to all. It has been to long since I made that show. I miss that gang, the good time it was. my good friend Steve and his son Joel. I believe 2016 was the last time I ws there. I took best of show that year as well. looks like the display competition has pick up greatly. im up for the challenge. when you least expect it. ill show up again! FNC
Thank you for your kind words, I sure hope we will see you next year. The group is growing and we all enjoy the camaraderie and fun of it all.

Wayno,
There are 3 posts with all the pictures just two lines down from this post. Let me know if you found them, otherwise I can email you some pictures.

lovemydals

Buckeye
Great show. Nice seeing old friends & meeting new ones. Eleven wonderful displays & lots of Ruger stuff for sale. Good food at the banquet. And of course, Thank you Hank & Susan for hosting the show. A big shout out to Mike G for all you did as well.

Terry T

Buckeye
I've added some better photos of my SP101 display here:
A BIG thank you to Hank, Susan, Mike and Dennis for pulling this show together this year.
Terry T.

Sorry I wasn't there, but lookee what I got in the mail today. :)

P1000050.JPG

Thank you Hank and Susie.

Last edited: