2016 Vaquero info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msp2640

Single-Sixer
I just received a new to me, barely used NM Vaquero SS in 357. Based on the SN, it was made in 2016. It came in the original gray plastic box with manual. Would it have had a Ruger padlock as well, as that is missing, as well as the fired case envelope. Thanks for the info. Bill in MA

contender

Ruger Guru
I do believe the New Vaquero would have had a padlock OF SOME TYPE. They have several different ones they have used over the years. But I'm not sure when they stopped shipping the guns with the fired case & envelope.

I just received a new to me, barely used NM Vaquero SS in 357. Based on the SN, it was made in 2016. It came in the original gray plastic box with manual. Would it have had a Ruger padlock as well, as that is missing, as well as the fired case envelope. Thanks for the info. Bill in MA
Yes it should of had the Ruger padlock. Not sure about the fired case though. I don't buy many New Rugers, but the last 2 NIB revolvers I've bought, dated 2020-2022, did not have them. The ones I picked up in 2013 did however.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info, this is probably the "newest" or most recently produced model I own. Bought and/or owned, other NMs, new and used, believe all of those are pre 2011-2012. Thanks, Bill