200th year Blackhawk question - Quick Please if possible

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
Were all the .357's the 9mm convertibles?

Thanks

EDITED: Sorry for the rush. I have two auctions due to expire in an hour and one is the convertible and one is without. I do not want the "without" if the original is the convertible.

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
SBH4628":2s5iyhon said:
Is it stainless? :D 8)

I wish :oops: Well it didn't hit the reserve so I have more time to research and decide what to do. I am trying to collect both Liberty models and 1/2 lug GP100's. I really ought to concentrate on the 1/2 lugs as it is easier to obtain, but darn these Libertys keep "popping up" right in front of my face and I succumb :?

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
Were all the .357's the 9mm convertibles?
Short answer is "No"

My understanding is that the many guns sold with the conversion cylinder were all blued; that no stainless guns were convertible. Some blued guns may have been sold without the convertible cylinder also. That leaves the field pretty well open except if a convertible stainless gun shows up, it is either rare or has an after-market cylinder.

I only have this by hearsay, but I have never seen a convertible stainless .357/9mm. I have seen blued guns without a 9mm cylinder, but if they came from the factory like that, I do not know.

My stainless .357 Blackhawk came without a 9mm cylinder, but I would really like to have one.

Lost Sheep

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
NIB stainless 357/9mm convertable that letters as leaving the factory that way. Understand that @ 300 were manufactured. I also have a stainless 357 blkhk Liberty. I got lucky, Cabelas bought a Calif collector's estate. I have a friend who gave me a heads up and a list of what was available. My CC was then put into a bucket of ice after. best, greg :p

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
Jimbo: Talking about 2 stainless BH revolvers. The Liberty is not a convertable. hth greg :p