2-piece grip panels for GP100?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
I recently bought a new GP100 4" and it came with the Hogue rubber grips. I don't really like the rubber grips and would like to get wood grips for it instead. I'm not really a fan of the Hogue 1-piece wrap-around wood grips and would prefer something similar to the 2-piece grip panels that come on the Redhawks or Police Service model revolvers. Does anyone make grips like I want for the GP100?

magnum pi

Bearcat
The GP100 has a different grip frame from the security-six and service-six. Take your hogue's off and you'll see what I mean. The wood grips will be one piece also from hogue but they look great and may get a pair myself for my blued GP100.

IraIII

Bearcat
The GP100 and the super redhawk take the same grip. Midway has the stock GP100 grip for $8.29,the part number is 491806. These grips don't come with sidepanels, but if you search in this forum someone makes custom sidepanels. Also some custom grip makers make grips in wood that fit.

LTB45

Bearcat
The Ruger factory site actually still offers the side panel Rosewood grips for $39.95

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grip-w_-Ros ... nfo/70083/

Mine came with those Hogue grips and I think that they detract from the visual appeal of the gun.
I found some REALLY NICE Ivory grips inserts w/Ruger medallions on GunBroker.

Look around there are lots of grip options available out there for the GP 100.