2 month old SR9 peening

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
I got between 350 to 400 rds shot. The last outing I shot 50 rds , it seem my sight moved or something was wrong . At 20 ft had a hard time holding a 4 in. group! It was check + cleaned before I took it out!
Starting cleaning gun as soon as I got home , the barrel had at the top + bottom, metal lips rolled over. Call Ruger , their sending out a mailer to me. The Lady rep. says She's only heard of this 3 times! :roll: I do like the gun , but If I can get a good trade in for it ,I may. Its the only pistol I own,don't want to go threw this again. I got a 10/ 22 thats at lease 25 yrs old, never a problem!!

mekender

Single-Sixer
If you were talking to the lady that usually answers the phone at Ruger, she has damn sure heard about it more than 3 times. But no worries, they will fix it up for ya.

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL .... that's Ruger's standard response ... REALLY ????? .... we've never seen THAT before .... LOL.

REV

The decision to get another Ruger centerfire auto, for me, at least, may have changed recently. It seems every were I look, they are over priced. I know, they are a good gun for the money, but it seems, "For the money", I can get a whole lot more these days. I don't want to go trough the hell of being a Sigma owner again either.

Former Glock owner here, Great guns, but I can't stand the grip. At a recent gun show, one of the table workers was showing me the Springfield XD. She let me hold one in relation to the Glock she had as well. The grip shape on the Springfield is ALOT better, for me at least.

Any ideas about these?

martyj

Blackhawk
I had them both at the same time and my hand fits the glock better but they are both good guns. Wish I could get ahold of sr9 once to shoot it see how they are.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger":3ehi1bd4 said:
The decision to get another Ruger centerfire auto, for me, at least, may have changed recently. It seems every were I look, they are over priced. I know, they are a good gun for the money, but it seems, "For the money", I can get a whole lot more these days. I don't want to go trough the hell of being a Sigma owner again either.

Former Glock owner here, Great guns, but I can't stand the grip. At a recent gun show, one of the table workers was showing me the Springfield XD. She let me hold one in relation to the Glock she had as well. The grip shape on the Springfield is ALOT better, for me at least.

Any ideas about these?

The xd is a great gun. I have a 9mm version. I had been wanting a "plastic" pistol for a while but the glock did not point well at all. Once I picked up a xd I was reaching for my wallet. My only dislike was the thickness of the grip. Which is why I bought a SR9 when they came out. I like the way the SR9 fits my hand better than the XD. But the XD has been absolutely reliable. Trigger was ten times better than the SR9 even before I had a trigger job done on the XD. i really want to like the SR9. But after numerous problems Ruger replaced my first one. The new one has been problem free. But I find myself always looking for problems. If I had to choose one or the other I would go with the XD. It is a proven design with no history of problems.