1st Try at a Semi Custom Hunting Gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
Been doodling for a while but here is my first try at a hunting gun. Got to carry it during elk season and on the one day I didn't have it I shot a bull at 40 yards..go figure. Really enjoy the forum wouldn't have attempted without all the good info. Anyway I turned the barrel from a Shilen Match blank gave it an antiqued rust brown with some blueing mixed in on the band to make it look holster worn. Polished the gun myself and had Turnbull color it. Now just to enjoy.

Regards,
Matt

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

c.r.

Single-Sixer
that looks GREAT!
the antiqued barrel and CCH are a perfect match. your choice of grips fits perfectly.

Good Job,
c.r.

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
It is a Bowen Sight. That was the easy part fitting the front sight was a little tougher for me.

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
The band is integral. Also wanted to be a little creative so the barrel is actually 5 3/8" so I could practive turning and ejector housing down. I had the same thoughts on the cylinder and ejector housing but I thought they pulled through the blues in the color case hardening.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I'm not much of an SA guy but that is a verv, very interesting looking one. Nice work!

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I am very much a single action kind of guy and you've created a gorgeous and very unique revolver for yourself. Outstanding photography too. I love the look when the cartridges come right up to the frace of the cylinder!!!!

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the feedback. Working on a 3 Sscrew flat top with the same motif as this one..doing it in a .44 Russian. Very addicting.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
wow for a do it yourself or pro at it either way outstanding work I really really like each piece and color compliments the other wow doens't begin to do it justice

2 dogs

Buckeye
I certainly like it. I wouldnt have thought a fluted cylinder would go so nicely with a barrel band sixgun. Well done!

chutch

Bearcat
Very nice job. Beautiful sixgun. Short barrel Bisleys with fluted cylinders are my favorite look. One of a kind for sure!