#1B 7mm Rem Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tss106

Single-Sixer
Found a nice, very lightly used 1B 7mm Rem mag from 1981 that I'm thinking of grabbing. Not usually a magnum type and really no need for one but for some reason I'm drawn to this one. I know this is a very common version/caliber. Who's got one and how do you like it?

wunbe

Buckeye
On Sunday I also bought a 1S in 7mm RM at a local gun show. It is a red pad shipped in 1978 and is still in great condition -- pretty, unmarred, wood and only one small rack rub mark on the barrel. It also had an old style Leupold 4x that has generous rearward spacing room to boot. The asking price was more than right for this area of the country so I could not pass it up even with the AH foreend.

Hell, the ink from the entry stamp on my hand was not even dry before I fell for it.

I''let you know how it shoots.

wunbe

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
There is a stainless laminate 7 mag on OUTDOORS TRADER that has had no attention at $800 ($850?). Looks like new. I don't need a heavy recoil rifle or would have snapped it up! I told the seller to put it on GB site and it should sell for more.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I had a later black pad 1B in a 7mm mag that i sold a few years back without ever shooting it. The buyer told me it was a very good shooter but dont know what ammo he is using. If I remember right he took it out to 300 yards and had some darn good groups.

The lesson...shoot em first before you sell em!