1A 7.62x39

Help Support Ruger Forum:

357Maximum

Bearcat
My LGS just informed me Ruger has done a run of blued 1A in 7.62x39. I now have one on order. ETA late Sept.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Why is Ruger screwing around with what I assume is another cleanup run, when they have the already scheduled editions. Yea I know off loading idle parts inventory, but still..... When are we going to see another K1A edition? Is there any hope ever of a K1RSI series?

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
I would guess they had some barrels left over from production of the 303 British? That assumes they did not use .308 bore diameter barrels on the earlier run of 7.62x39.
At any rate, they obviously have a number of "extra" receivers to use for this unscheduled run.
Maybe I should think about getting one of these to go with my K1A.

Single-Sixer
Seems like a good price considering prices I am looking at for other new ones. Anything wrong with these?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
There are several sources selling #1s right at or a bit above $900 lately. I recall CDNN had some a few days ago, my main FFL is having a sale on a couple different ones, Gunmaster local dealer a little over $900. Not sure what to make of it other than house cleaning. Even though there are what I consider to be great deals out there, none of the discounted models are offered in a cartridge I'm interested in.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I just handled one of these at my local FFL. I was very disappointed in the wood. While there was a slight amount of a darker grain pattern in one side of the butt stock, overall the wood just appeared of lower qualify to me. Maybe it's jut a different finish, but the wood almost looks fake. The checkering was heavily pressed into the wood, and the overall fit was very similar to the pics shown in the 7mm-08 thread. At least they were only asking $915 for the rifle, compared to $1200 or so most the new No. 1's seem to sell for.

wunbe

Buckeye
Why?

Lots of folk want a $1500 MSRP rifle for plinking based on cheap, junk ammo availability? An unmet demand for indifferent accuracy and lethality at medium to long hunting ranges?

Are you going to tell me that Ruger would not sell 10x this model in a 1A .270 Winchester of even a 7x57? Oh yeah, that's right they do not want to anymore.

It is like they are thumbing their noses at their customers.

wunbe

mrbumps

Blackhawk
SHOOTER said:
So good? Not good ?

Is the barrel the thin profile?

Not good at all in my opinion. The barrel seems to be the standard 1-A barrel. I was hoping to pick up one of the 30-06, and 6.5 Swedes this year, but if the wood is like what I saw today, I'm not going to bother. I'm sure I can find a nice used 30-06 anyway.