1975 Ruger 10/22 barrel help?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

blackwolfe

Single-Sixer
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the rimfire section but decided to give it a try here first. I've got a 1975 10-22 S/N 115-258XX. Well I kind of have one. Nice walnut carbine stock, metal butt plate and barrel band. Real clean, only a slight mark or two. The only issue, and it is a major one is that when I got it, it did not have a barrel. Not sure why no barrel, unless someone was going to use this 10-22 for a project and sold the barrel off. I would like to restore this nice, older, walnut stocked, all metal 10-22 to it's original configuration. I'm pretty sure by the serial number that the original barrel was prewarning. Does anyone have a 10-22 of this vintage that they could check and verify that it is a prewarning barrel? Ruger has used different front and rear sights through the years so I'm trying to find out what the sights from this time period look like also. If anyone has pictures of the sights both front and rear from this time period they could post I would appreciate it. Any possibility that this 1975 carbine is really a 1976 or had an early 1976 bicentennial liberty barrel on it originally? That might help to explain why the barrel wasn't with it when I bought it.
Thanks for the help.