1969 vintage Three Screw .357 Blackhawk found.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
My weekly check of my favorite pawn shop was productive, they had this 1969 vintage Three Screw Blackhawk .357, unmodified with a vintage Hunter holster. I was able to make trade with them for my 150 prefix Security Six, a trade both of us were happy to make.

The revolver has a little holster wear, not bad at all. It is very accurate, with it's six inch barrel it makes it easier to focus on the front sight with my aging eyes.

I had to re-acquaint myself with the old school loading technique for these old guns, load one, skip one, load four more, cock and lower hammer on an empty chamber.

Shooting results at twenty yards, ten rounds, standing two hand hold. Low left shot result from a trigger jerk:

413771074.jpg

Steel rabbit at 25 yards, revolver showing powder residue from firing:

413771076.jpg

With it's other .357 brothers, a Ruger 77/357 carbine and a 3" fixed sight GP-100:

413771075.jpg

I like shooting these old Three Screws, there are more modern revolvers out there but these sort of talk to me. I don't think this one is going back to Ruger for an upgrade...

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Great find! These Rugers all shoot good. I have never heard a bad word on them. I recently found a 1974 .357 BH. Bluing is worn, been shot and carried, but is very accurate , $200.00 , I think. LGS offered me a good deal.

Magnum Force said:
I had to re-acquaint myself with the old school loading technique for these old guns, load one, skip one, load four more, cock and lower hammer on an empty chamber.

I don't think this one is going back to Ruger for an upgrade...

Good work. Consider your Official Rugerphile card renewed.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Valmet

Single-Sixer
daveg.inkc said:
Great find! These Rugers all shoot good. I have never heard a bad word on them. I recently found a 1974 .357 BH. Bluing is worn, been shot and carried, but is very accurate , $200.00 , I think. LGS offered me a good deal.

I'd def say good deal! Congrats