1956 Flatgate Lightweight Tri-Color

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

My Holy Grail Gun. Definitely the top dog in my collection. ;)

Lightweight Single Six.... Experimented with in 1954 and 1955. And Production Shipments began in December of 1955. Catalog Code LWAC.
XR-3 Gripframe, Type Two offset ejector rod housing.

1st Variation, the "Tri-Color" Silver Grey Anodized Frame, Reddish Brown Cylinder, Flat Loading Gate, Small Type 1 ejector rod thumbpiece, Thin trigger with noticeable curve...

1956 Production

lightweight002.jpg

AkRay

Single-Sixer
It's always fun to find an elusive piece for the collection. It looks like a keeper to me.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
OK, now that you landed it, please don't say I missed this a KTP! I was just there the other day!

hey Giz, that is really neat...looks like it's been around the block a time or two, but still hard to get these days.......a freind recently came back from 'KTP' and he was able to score few "neat" finds....that place has LOTS of 'history' ..........

now about them rocks and pottery in the picture......... :wink: :wink:

americal

Hunter
CONGRATULATIONS :D Ain't it a good feeling to get that special one you are looking far, sometimes it comes outta no where :!: Love those lightweights :)

stubbfarmer

Single-Sixer
I saw a really nice tri-color lightweight at the Wichita show last weekend. He was asking $900 but I do not think it sold. How is that price?

flatgate

Hawkeye
stubbfarmer":159i6phn said:
I saw a really nice tri-color lightweight at the Wichita show last weekend. He was asking $900 but I do not think it sold. How is that price?

Typical "Gun Show" price. Fishing for a buyer. Ah, but, if the gun had a correct box....

One more comment; these "good to very good" condition Lightweights are getting more and more scarce.

Can 'ya share the serial number? Having a consecutive pair of those would
certainly be something...........

flatgate

stubbfarmer

Single-Sixer
I did not get the serial number. It was very nice with the only wear I could see a slight chip in the finish on the cylinder on each of the groves where it locks up. My friend did buy a NIB convertible Bearcat form him for $900. The seller was a private individual selling to cover some medical bills, he said.

Latest posts