1951 Mark I

Help Support Ruger Forum:

new2rimfire

Bearcat
Have recently gotten a Mark I in the 15000 number range making it a 1951. It has old imitation stag grips. What would the original grips be and what color medallion would they have? Thanks

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Welcome to the forum.
Heres the serial number range of the
MKI Red Eagle T67/8, 15001 to 16999 and
25002 to 25478.
The grips would have been checkered Black rubber
(plastic) with a Red Eagle Medallion on the left grip,
these were changed to a Black Eagle medallion after
Sturms death, around 2,300 made.
Heres a picture.
Terry

HPIM1281.jpg

HPIM1279.jpg

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
Any of you gents interested in a late Red Eagle Mark I ??
I have the 2nd to last known Mark I with red eagle, serial #25349, shipped in 1951.
HD :D

i

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
david knutson":kymbhpax said:
I would jump right in and take it but here lately you dont want me on the payment plan...

Dave,
Email sent.
I don't understand your payment plan statement. I have never dealt with you before... :?:
HD :D

geoff40

Bearcat
I might also be interested in one of those in that early rendition. Should anyone have one they are willing to part with.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Oops shot my mouth off without looking...there are two zeros sooo it is 0078 and yes it looks like those pictured. Workman are you the guy who wrote the book(s) on Rugers or was that William?
Charlies

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh sure a lot of early Red Eagle autos poppin up lately.......my early gun is what started the whole "maniac" thing...I found 0265 at the Maumeee Valley show years ago and just had to have the homely thing cause of that sorta low number......now I have 6 or 7 with the 265 number.....Hey Charles that sounds like a great early gun....we need some pictures sometime....see ya RR.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
You know I have tried posting pictures..I have several copies of the instructions from photobucket and I can get to step 12 but steps 13-22 are just a waste of time. My 0078 has a crack in the weld just under the bolt and a reader on this forum suggested I send it to him for repair....un number 1749 also a red eagle is in better shape. According to Ruger records 0078 was shipped on the first day. Too bad I did not have the salt box it was shipped in. I don't know if you guys are like me but I also like and collect 5 screw smiths and flatop Rugers, Ballards, 1885's, I886's 1895 specially 405's. Darn there are just so many nice guns and never enough money <vbg>