1949 mk1 ruger red eagle value four digit 77##

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CRDLIBERTY

Bearcat
Are there any collectors that buy these. Id like to sell this and pickup a few new pistols mk3hunter 7 inch,coupld 678s. Box got tossed out back in 70's i remmember that oily sucker.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, the 4 digit 77XX should have been made in 1950, and yes, they are collectable. HOWEVER there will need to be pictures, detailed description, etc, and it's all about condition, completeness, variation, etc.
We'd need more details.

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh, that's a tough question.....will all the RED EAGLE guys raise you right hand.......I don't see many hands,,,,,,gotta see it to see what shape it is in to determine VALUE....most likely a type 3......check GB and see what they are bringing......OR if they are even selling......I have paid between 150 and 2000.....bought a collection of 8 nice ones once for 2400 for the lot....for some reason they don't inspire much passion in most RUGER Collectors......most want one and that's enought......remember CONDITION, CONDITION, and CONDITION will REALLY affect the price......paid 400 for a nice early 4 digit gun once and it HAD the OILY box....YMMV, see ya RR.

C6S1C

Bearcat
I passed on one at a gun show this fall that was 55XX. He had everything and he wanted 499.00. Probably should not have passed.

Please post pics and as stated above it is all about condition.

Good luck with your sale.

C6S1C

CRDLIBERTY

Bearcat
Hell i cant get a new ruger mk111 hunter for that. I thought i had 1949 gun per rugers web site. I figured pre strum death rugers would be worth more. Its condition isnt new the screws seem to want to rust. Post some pics of yours? Does ruger pick these old ones up. Someone mentioned a really low serial with box and papers like new is it $2000 gun you have? Id drool for a pic

Picture015.jpg
[/img]

Is this the same 77XX that has been up on auction a few times? There is a #77XX on aTV/ Classifieds that has been on before for $1000 here in Utah & still on for that. As stated they don't go for that IMHO & I just picked up a Low three digit for less than that price.& it has the Type 1 bolt & the correct early grips & Grip screws. But hope runs eternal. J/S

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Here is a Ruger Type IA Red Eagle that I had restored for my grandaughter Ser# 2805, complete with the correct I piece hinged box.
Hope this gives you an Idea about condition, and what a mint one would
look like. Again this one has been restored.
Terry

HPIM1395.jpg