1921 Marble Game Getter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CDR-USN

Bearcat
Folks, I have a 1921 Marble Game Getter, 22LR/410 18in Barrel, that belong to my Great Grandfather and has recently come to me. I got on the Marble Arms Website and found a copy of the orginal registration card. Serial # 17875. The weapon is in very good shape and will go to my gunsmith before I take it to the range. My father told me when he was a young boy he used often to go bird hunting. The old gun still has its orginal leather holster. What would be the value of such a weapon.\
CDR USN RET
Check-Six

CDR-USN":xqghhoi7 said:
Folks, I have a 1921 Marble Game Getter, 22LR/410 18in Barrel, that belong to my Great Grandfather and has recently come to me.

What would be the value of such a weapon.

Priceless!

What a neat heirloom! :D

CDR-USN

Bearcat
Uncle Howie.....Thanks....I can remember being about 4or5 and seeing this odd looking gun in its holster slung over my Great Grandfathers bed. When he past in the mid sixties it went to my dad.....and now to me...WOW :lol:

Raydog59

Bearcat
Does yours say 44 GG .410? The 1921 model was first chambered in 44GG/.410 2 in. and then 410 2 1/2 inch later with the 2 1/2 winning out.The 44 GG cartridge was available with a shot charge of no.8 or a single ball of about .425.The cartridge was very similar or the same as a 44-40. 1908 model was shipped in a wooden box with the 1921 model being shipped in cardboard with the holster and belt. The 1921 model is worth only slightly less than the 1908 and with your holster depending on condition a ballpark of $900-$1200 would be in range in my opinion but with the history on yours I agree with uncle howie Priceless!! With box and holster in 90+% condition some have sold around $3700.
Ray

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Never saw reason to put a monetary value on a family hand-down. Doing so takes away from the sentimental value. Just enjoy it for who's it was. :)

I have a .32 H&R break-top revolver and a Hopkins & Allen "mule ear" SxS 16-ga shotgun, both of which belonged to my great-grandfather. The revolver isn't too bad considering its age, but the shotgun is just plain worn out.

I also have my grandfather's Winchester Model '97 16-ga shotgun, which shows considerable honest wear, but still functions quite well.

I wouldn't even consider selling any of these, even though they aren't as valuable as your Game Getter. Family heirlooms should just be passed down, and I have grandchildren for that end.

Probably should establish a value on the GG for insurance purposes, though.

Hope you can post a picture of your neat gun.

:)