1911 Cmd with Nighthawk barrel and Banish 45 suppressor.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Installed the Nighhawk drop-in barrel after doing a bit of corner radiusing and it locks up great. Took it down to my range along with the Banish 45 silencer to see how it would shoot. Now when I had added the silencer to my Hi-Point 45 Carbine the point of impact had shifted right and low by several inches and had to adjust the EOtech sight for that.
However greatly surprised first how the 1911 shot with the new barrel installed and also how the shots with the Banish 45 stayed on target!
Now the front sight comes right to the top edge of the silencer can and not the best site picture but still works out great from 8 to 14 yds of my shooting distance.
No functioning issues at all with the barrel and silencer after 70 rounds fired yesterday. Fired some rounds from inside my small cabin to a target outside and the Banish did fine job reducing the sound....no ringing ears. Great combo this turned out to be!
cog9T0rt.jpg

jUB4hpgt.jpg

Last edited:

NikA

Buckeye
45s, especially pistols, are a treat to suppress. The POA/POI shift on your carbine is likely related to changing the barrel harmonics, which IME is not a big issue with handguns.

Enjoy!